Physical Therapy Aide
- Expired: May 15, 2022. Applications are no longer accepted.
Job Description The primary responsibility while working as an OT/PT Technician is to assist the treating therapist with patient flow. The tech will assist patients to the treatment area and provide patient care services under the direct supervision of an occupational therapist or a physical therapist. Must have excellent customer service and organizational skills, while also having the ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Prepare equipment and treatment rooms
- Liaison between patients, therapists and schedulers
- Assist patients to walk, sit, and stand
- Observe patients performing prescribed therapy and immediately report concerns
- Apply ice packs or heat packs as instructed
- Counsel patients and their families
- Cleaning patient care areas and sanitizing equipment
- Laundry duties & stocking supplies
- Performing administrative tasks, including ordering supplies, answering phones, scheduling patients and taking payments)
Qualifications and Skills
- High school diploma
- Knowledge of basic exercises or a background in the sports or medical field is preferred
- Efficient in the use of standard office equipment
- CNA or other medical experience preferred
- Regular and predictable attendance.
- Majority of the shift is spent standing
- Frequent reaching, stooping and twisting when assisting with patients, answering the telephone, etc.
- Ability to lift up to 25 pounds.
- Read a variety of printed and handwritten materials and take verbal instruction.
- Communicate with patients, therapists, physicians, families and co-workers in person and on the telephone.
Orthopedic Physical Therapy Institute
AddressCoeur d'Alene, ID
HealthcareView all jobs at Orthopedic Physical Therapy Institute