Logistics Administrative Assistant
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
The administrative assistant is responsible for the financial, administrative and clerical support of Orthman Logistics Company, its personnel and managers.
• Understand and apply appropriate policies and procedures relevant to the position.
• Participate in meetings, projects and activities in support of company and team goals.
• Anticipate problems and take steps to correct issues, which may reduce performance.
• Maintain proficiency in relevant knowledge skills and in the use of applicable equipment.
• Accurately and timely accomplish core responsibilities.
• Handles incoming phone calls, mail, greets facility visitors and performs other general office duties.
• Maintain driver compliance records, including federal regulations with the Department of Transport.
• Preparing and processing payroll, managing accounts payable & receivable, collections and maintaining up-to-date personnel files.
• Communicate load information to drivers.
• Review and prepare driver envelopes.
• Data entry (to include preparing maintenance work orders).
• Perform other tasks within the scope of this position.
OTHER JOB CRITERIA
• Valid driver’s license.
• Adhere to safety policies and practices.
• Protect company and customer confidentiality.
• Prioritize workloads and meet time-sensitive project deadlines.
• Maintain effective interpersonal working relationships with company personnel.
• Usually in air-conditioned office setting, some non-air conditioned manufacturing plant environments.
• Positions during the day include, but are not limited to, sitting, standing, bending, leaning, stretching, crouching, squatting, stooping and twisting.
• Motions include, but are not limited to, walking, pushing, pulling, gripping, lifting and carrying of objects up to 40 lbs., negotiating stairways, typing and writing.
• Associates Degree or the equivalent, in recent relevant experience.
• Able to learn and use Prophecy, Quickbooks, payroll applications and other software applications.
• Able to learn and use online driver boards and related services.
• Able to effectively use Microsoft Office software products.
• Able to read, write and speak clearly in English.
BusinessView all jobs at Orthman Manufacturing