Ortec has been providing custom chemical solutions and personalized service since 1980. With three plants and over 300 employees, we can meet the production needs of our customers while maintaining a high level of personalized service. We are large enough to get the job done, yet small enough to care. Even as the company grows and develops new services, we never forget the values that made us who we are as a company.
We are a team. A family. A group of smart, talented, big-hearted individuals working together for the success of our customers and the growth of our communities.
AND WE HONOR OUR COMMITMENTS
What we do at Ortec is complicated at times. Why we do what we do is not complicated: We want to make a difference for our customers and our communities around us. How we do what we do is also not complicated: everything starts with Integrity.
WHY ORTEC? The foundation of Ortec is our talented, dedicated employees. Our commitment to delivering chemical manufacturing services with measurable quality has made us a trusted partner to some of the most familiar names in business. Our success is drawn from the experience, energy and teamwork of our employees, who consistently deliver results by anticipating change and executing solutions with confidence and passion. At Ortec, you'll be working with the latest technologies and tools, not to mention some of the industry's best and brightest minds. From the top down, this type of commitment and energy is radiated throughout the company. The result is a growing, dynamic, and rewarding place to work - a company where we work as many and we win as one. You are a name, not a number!
We offer an excellent benefit package, including:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Company Paid Short-Term Disability, Long-Term Disability and AD&D
- Annual Anniversary Cash Award
- On-Site Nurse
- Company Paid Employee Assistance Plan
- 401k with match
- Annual Anniversary Cash Award
Coordinate and maintain Health and Safety programs at the corporate level. This includes directing employee safety training, performing safety inspections, and leading safety incident investigations. Ensure compliance with all applicable governmental/state/company regulations.
EMPLOYEE SAFETY TRAINING
• Manage and direct health and safety training for employees
• Maintain all required OSHA programs including, but not limited to: Permit Required Confined Space, Hazard Communication, Hearing Conservation, Process Safety Management, Machine Guarding, Emergency Response, Bloodborne Pathogens, Aerial Lift/Scissor Lift Safety, Respiratory Protection, Personal Protective Equipment, Lockout/Tagout, etc.
INCIDENT INVESTIGATION/SAFETY METRICS
• Lead root cause investigation of all OSHA recordable incidents, non-recordable incidents and near miss incidents and track corrective and preventative actions
• Demonstrate effective investigative skills to perform root cause analysis and prevention of safety issues
• Maintain OSHA recordkeeping logs and other safety and health records
• Develop and report safety metrics for tracking and prevention of on-the-job injuries
• Assist Human Resources Department with workers' compensation claims administration to reduce costs and lost time
INDUSTRIAL HYGIENE MONITORING
• Plan and conduct the plant's industrial hygiene exposure assessment and yearly sampling strategy
• Communicate results of industrial hygiene surveys to employees
• Make recommendations for chemical exposure reduction
• Conduct safety inspections/audits to ensure safe working environment of all Ortec manufacturing sites
• Maintain Corporate Security plans
• Interface with insurance companies and emergency personnel on safety and fire-related matters
• Coordinate with contractors or vendors providing safety services
• Ensure and maintain a strong contractor safety program
• Make recommendations for safety improvements
• Abide by all Company and OSHA safety standards set for work areas
Bachelor of Science degree - Safety, Industrial, Environmental, or Chemical Engineering; Chemistry, Biological Sciences or comparable analytical discipline
Thorough knowledge of OSHA regulations pertaining to the chemical industry
7-10 years of experience in a manufacturing environment
Experience in industrial hygiene or professional certification is a plus
SKILLS & ABILITIES
• Possess proficient computer-based skills including database, spreadsheet, word processing and presentations
• Possess strong organizational, analytical and problem-solving skills
• Have efficient project management skills and the ability to handle multiple tasks/projects simultaneously
• Have strong communication and presentation skills and the ability to work independently or manage a team
• Strong background in Process Safety Management for Chemical Facilities
• Proficiency in using Hazard Analysis methodologies such as HAZOP, FMEA, Checklist, etc.
This job posting is not all inclusive, please see job description for details.
Applicants may be subject to pre-employment screening which may include drug screening, physical, reference checks, employment verifications, and background screenings.
Ortec is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
Ortec IncEasley, SC
Energy and EnvironmentView All Ortec Inc Jobs
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.