Data Analyst 1
Orpine Columbia, SC
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
When it comes to staffing solutions, our strong ties to various talent pools allow us to fulfill the contract and permanent positions for any size company, ranging from Global 2000 Companies to implementation partners.
Utility Bill Knowledge Training (UBK) is a 2-day foundation-level course that we provide and require every employee to complete, most often immediately upon hire. This is to ensure new hires will be familiar with the utilities industry as well as our specific processes, components, and terminology. A passing score on the final test is required to remain on-board with us. Those who pass may advance to their designated departments for specific job training.
- Generate, transmit, and upload client payment reports per contract standards
- Transmit utility invoices to external contacts per contract standards
- Monitor team email boxes and provide timely and professional responses
- Work with internal and external contacts to resolve payment report and invoice delivery errors
- Research and resolve check payments returned by the postal service or utility providers
- Work with the remittance team to ensure correct remittance information in the IO system
- Assist in contacting vendors to research ACH and Canadian EFT capabilities
- Update systems of operation with tasks performed and relevant data
- Maintain filing of all documentation
- Communicate to internal and external parties in a clear and detailed manner
- Perform at or below Target Key Performance Indicators (KPI's) per Standard Operating Procedures
- Participate in the re-evaluation of current processes and offer suggestions to improve the effectiveness and efficiency of each process
- Select appropriate processes from clearly documented rules, past practices, or new instructions
- Seek advice and guidance on non-routine or problem areas from senior department members
- Refer complex, unusual problems to senior department members
- Working knowledge of Accounting or familiarity with the payment process
- Successful completion of Utility Bill Knowledge training
- Successful completion of Payment Team/job related training
- Very strong organizational skills, detail oriented
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook and Excel skills are a plus!)
- Strong team player
- Able to effectively multi-task
- Professional phone presence
- Entry level skillset with up to 2 years of successful experience in a similar payment and/or data-based role, generally comparable with the tasks and responsibilities as presented above.
- HS diploma or equivalent is required.
- 1 2 years of vocation/technical training or an Associates degree in a related field
- Specialized skill training or certification pertinent to the position
TechnologyView all jobs at Orpine