Orpheus BioScience, Inc. is a biotech company located in Prince William’s Innovative Research Park. The company is dedicated to advancing the clinical development of immuno therapeutics. We are looking for professional individuals to join our team. Currently we have an opening for a full-time Research Associate located in Manassas, VA.
POSITION DUTIES & REQUIREMENTS:
- Demonstrate proficiency in aseptic cell culture techniques
- Conduct bench research on our drugs including a variety of biological assay techniques including but not limited to cell-based assays, ELISAs, flow cytometry, immunoblots and mechanisms of action studies
- Assist in the evaluation of therapeutic drugs in clinical and pre-clinical studies in small animal models – techniques including administering injections and collecting blood and tissue.
- Assist in the daily maintenance and operations of the lab to include media preparation, glassware and hazardous waste management, and administrative duties such as ordering supplies and periodic lab inventories
- Establish and/or develop laboratory procedures and analyze and/or evaluate research data; participate in a cooperative effort to accomplish goals of the laboratory; maintains proficiency and expertise in the field of research
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE & SKILLS:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Biology, Microbiology, Biochemistry, or related field required
- Master’s Degree preferred
- 1 year of research lab experience required
- Professional knowledge of: theories, principles, methods, and techniques of immunology and cell biology required
- Proficient in Microsoft Office- specifically Word, Excel and PowerPoint required
- Proven ability to solve problems and execute plans required
- Strong organizational and communication skills required
- Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively
Compensation / Benefits: Orpheus offers comparable pay and benefits pkg.
Orpheus BioScience is an equal opportunity employer – EOE M/F/Disabled/Vet
Job Type: Full-time
- Bachelor or MSc
Research lab: 1 year
Orpheus Bioscience Inc
Why Work Here?
Orpheus is a great biotech company to work for with new, private, research facilities and a well established management team.