PRODUCTION PLANNER - Orolia Defense & Security
Production Planner - Orolia Defense & Security
Production•Rochester, New York
Reports to: Operations Manager
We're the world leader in Resilient Positioning, Navigation and Timing (R-PNT) solutions that improve the reliability, performance, and safety of critical high-risk operations, even in GPS/GNSS denied environments. We provide virtually fail-safe GNSS and PNT solutions and applications for military and government contract customers.
We are looking for a Production Planner to coordinate and expedite the flow of work and materials within Operations in accordance with a production schedule. As a key member of the Operations team, you must have excellent communication and interpersonal skills to effectively communicate to key stakeholders across all departments. You will ensure production schedules and deadlines are met by diligently reviewing inventory levels and due dates, and proposing necessary actions to achieve success.
How I will Contribute:
- Create and process production orders in ERP system.
- Identifies problems in workflows, determines required solutions and improvements, and implements necessary modifications where needed.
- Collects and analyzes data regarding efficiency and timeliness of production.
- Keep in close contact with Buyers to ensure material shortages are avoided.
- Revise production schedules as needed due to design changes, labor or material shortages, or other interruptions, and communicate with all departments and internal customers.
- Constantly look for ways to improve delivery dates while maintaining optimum efficiency of labor.
What You Bring to Orolia Defense & Security:
- AS Degree with 5+ years of professional planning experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills to effectively deliver detailed information at all levels within the business.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively with a cross functional team.
- Ability to problem solve with an aptitude to learn and adapt quickly.
- Confident, committed, and enthusiastic.
- Ability to take initiative, multi-task, and prioritize.
- Solid knowledge base in production planning with great attention to detail.
- Excellent organizational and problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrated ability to quickly learn an organization's processes.
- Proficient in MS Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
- Ability to be flexible and have fun!
- Plus: Prior experience working with Aerospace, Defense, and Government customers.
- Plus: Experience with Microsoft Dynamics/Business Central
- Position is based in US, with minimal to no travel (less than 10%)
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by
an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to lift up to 20 pounds and occasionally lift up to 50 pounds.
The employee is regularly required to stand and sit for long periods of time. The employee is required to push or pull objects and utilize manual dexterity to count small parts.
Some of "the Good Stuff":
- Annual Bonus Opportunity
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Health Savings Account, Flexible Spending Account
- Paid Time Off
- 401k Retirement Program
- Gym Membership Reimbursement
- Tuition Reimbursement Program
- Employee Career Development
- Flexible working arrangements
- Excellent culture
About Orolia Defense and Security
In early 2019, Orolia Defense & Security spun off as a separate entity from its parent company Orolia, with the mission of providing resilient Positioning, Navigation and Timing (PNT) solutions and custom engineering services to U.S. Government agencies, U.S. Defense organizations, and their contractors.
In August of 2019, Orolia Defense & Security acquired Talen-X, a U.S. company specializing in advanced GNSS (Global Navigation Satellite System) Simulation solutions and Interference, Detection, and Mitigation (IDM) technologies. Talen-X's portfolio was an ideal fit and has helped to enhance Orolia's overall offerings. The acquisition enabled Talen-X's existing resources, operations and capabilities to be scaled and accelerated to better support the warfighter. Read the press release here.
Orolia Defense & Security operates as a proxy-regulated company, Free of Foreign Ownership, Control, or Influence (FOCI). As such, Orolia Defense & Security is approved to work on the full spectrum of U.S. Government classified and unclassified projects and is positioned to support strategic partnerships in the development of key PNT technologies for the defense market.
Orolia Defense & Security is an equal opportunity employer who does not discriminate based on race, color, citizenship, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or any protected category. We encourage veterans and people with disabilities to apply.
Explore similar jobsMore Jobs Like This
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.