CUSTOMER SUPPORT ENGINEER - Orolia Defense & Security
CUSTOMER SUPPORT ENGINEER
Reports to: Program Manager
We're the world leader in Resilient Positioning, Navigation and Timing (R-PNT) solutions that improve the reliability, performance, and safety of critical high-risk operations, even in GPS/GNSS denied environments. We provide virtually fail-safe GNSS and PNT solutions and applications for military and government contract customers.
As the focal point for support at customer sites in the Huntsville region, you will have comprehensive technical knowledge in our products and services while providing customers with exceptional service and building strong relationships with them. You will also provide valuable input to internal R&D, product management and sales teams. Initially, you will primarily focus on a single customer program and product eventually expanding to other programs and products. You will also be instrumental in our growth as we establish a new office and expand our presence in Huntsville. We place a high value on self-motivation, getting things done and having fun.
What Success Looks Like:
- Takes ownership of reported customer issues, diagnoses, troubleshoots, and documents technical issues, and guides customers through installation challenges to ensure a high degree of customer satisfaction.
- Leads Orolia's growth in Huntsville by developing and enhancing customer relationships and positioning Orolia as a partner to our customers.
- Understands customer use cases and implementation of our product/solution into their environment. Uses targeted questions to quickly understand the root of the problem.
- Conducts on-site troubleshooting with customer and other vendors escalating unresolved issues to relevant internal teams.
- Communicates with customers through a series of actions (phone, email, in person) until technical issue are fully resolved. Provides prompt and accurate feedback to customers.
- Leads disposition and repair of returned equipment and document all pertinent information related to returned material (RMA).
- Analyzes data and reports on trends, identifies opportunities for improvement.
- Follows up with customers after support is provided to ensure their products/systems are fully functional and meets their needs.
- DoD security clearance or eligibility for clearance
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Self-motivated to get work done with minimal supervision.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- BS degree in engineering, IT, or other technical discipline
- 4+ years of related experience
- Previous work experience in customer support, systems or applications engineering and/or technical project management
- Experience with team leadership and growth
- Knowledge in one or more of the following technical areas:
PTP, NTP, SNMP logging, serial
GPS/GNSS receiver and navigation technology
Python or other computer programming languages
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively with a cross functional team
- Self-starter, confident, committed, and enthusiastic
- Ability to take initiative, multi-task, and adjust to dynamic priorities
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Outlook, OneNote, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
- Prior experience with defense, and government customers
- Familiarity with CRM tools
- 50-60% travel to customers in the Huntsville area and up to 20% travel out of state
- Plus: experience with Position, Navigation, Timing, and GNSS
- Annual Profit-Share Opportunity
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Health Savings Account, Flexible Spending Account
- Paid Time Off
- 401k Retirement Program with Employer Match
- Gym Membership Reimbursement
- Tuition Reimbursement Program
- Employee Career Development
- Flexible working arrangements
- Excellent culture
See our Social Media Pages:Website - www.oroliads.com
LinkedIn https://www.linkedin.com/company/oroliads/mycompany/ Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/OroliaDS
About Orolia Defense and Security
In early 2019, Orolia Defense & Security spun off as a separate entity from its parent company Orolia, with the mission of providing resilient Positioning, Navigation and Timing (PNT) solutions and custom engineering services to U.S. Government agencies, U.S. Defense organizations, and their contractors.
In August of 2019, Orolia Defense & Security acquired Talen-X, a U.S. company specializing in advanced GNSS (Global Navigation Satellite System) Simulation solutions and Interference, Detection, and Mitigation (IDM) technologies. Talen-X's portfolio was an ideal fit and has helped to enhance Orolia's overall offerings. The acquisition enabled Talen-X's existing resources, operations and capabilities to be scaled and accelerated to better support the warfighter. Read the press release here.
Orolia Defense & Security operates as a proxy-regulated company, Free of Foreign Ownership, Control, or Influence (FOCI). As such, Orolia Defense & Security is approved to work on the full spectrum of U.S. Government classified and unclassified projects and is positioned to support strategic partnerships in the development of key PNT technologies for the defense market.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Explore similar jobsMore Jobs Like This
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.