Mechanical Construction Supervisor
Ormat Technologies Reno, NV
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Headquartered in Reno, Nevada, Ormat is a leading geothermal company and the only vertically integrated company solely engaged in geothermal and recovered energy generation (REG), with the objective of becoming a leading global provider of renewable energy.Job Description
This position is responsible for:
- Supervision of the construction of geothermal power plants, at the various locations of installation, provide experience in mechanical industrial construction
- Development work plan and follow ups on progress during the construction
- Review and implement mechanical design drawings and specifications
- Project scheduling assistance in and of evaluations for 3rd party contract bid development
- Manage multiple tasks of high complexity
- Supervision of mechanical construction crew, including company employees and subcontractors
- Oversee the formal planning, tracking, and reporting
- Participate in bid process with contractors and subcontractors, and assist with bid review and assessment
- Respond to the operating and construction organization needs
- Support corporate state and local permitting and project activities
- Responsible for implementation of applicable mechanical and environmental codes and regulations during project execution
- Must be able to operate a vehicle in a safe manner, enter and exit vehicle without assistance, remain alert while driving for continuous period of time and read and understand maps
- Must be able to work weekends and/or holidays when necessary
- Must be able to work overtime as required
- Must be able to travel extensively to other locations, including international and rural areas to work on other projects
- Other duties and projects as assigned by management
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND SKILLS REQUIRED
- The ability to understand procedures and instructions specific to the areas of assignment as would be acquired in three to four years of high school
- An associate degree in mechanical engineering preferred
- Demonstrated experience in construction management
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative and be accountable for individual and team results
- The ability to motivate self and others to set and achieve high performance standards
- Must have the ability to read, write and speak English at a level that will permit the employee to understand and communicate information in a manner that will enable the employee to safely and efficiently perform the job duties
- Must be able to use and acquire knowledge of a variety of computer software applications in word processing, spreadsheets, database and presentation
- Must be proficient in MS Word, Excel and use of the Internet
- Must possess at any time a valid driver’s license with a driving record applicable to Ormat’s auto insurance carrier
- The ability to lift 50 pounds periodically
- The ability to navigate and work in remote field locations and work outdoors in difficult weather conditions.
- The ability to walk, hike, and work on steep, rough terrain for extended periods of time.
- The ability to safely operate 4WD light vehicles on highways and off-road.
- Must be able to frequently climb ladders, climb to and work off of elevated platforms, ladders and walkways
- Protective equipment and fire-retardant clothing must be worn in the performance of some duties
- Job requires sitting 50% of the time, standing 50%
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.