***IMPORTANT: At this moment this job position has been "paused" due to the Coronavirus. If you have applied for this position in the past few weeks, we hope to reach out to you in the near future (most likely end of April, beginning of May). Thank you.***
Orlando Psychiatric Associates (OPA) is a private practice with an immediate opening for an Advanced Practice Registered Nurse (APRN) or a Certified Physician Assistant (PA-C) with at least 1 year of experience to join our team. The individual ultimately hired for this position will be responsible for evaluating patients and medication management in an outpatient mental health clinic. The primary work location is Kissimmee, FL. Join an excellent and caring team of mental health professionals who value the compassion and expertise of Nurse Practitioners and PA’s.
OPA is a busy psychiatric practice offering mental health care including counseling and medication management to children (as young as 4), adolescents, and adults. The practice is 100% outpatient based. Primary importance is given to the care of patients as well as their families. We are looking for an individual with strong clinical, communication, and organizational skills. This will be a full-time salaried position (Contractor 1099), reimbursement package is negotiable. Mon-Fri schedule (no weekends, no night calls). Salary is based on experience. Spanish/English Bilingual is preferred.
- Applicant must have a friendly personality, pleasant attitude , and present excellent communication skills (including adequate tone of voice, professional body language, respectful demeanor, assertive eye contact, welcoming greeting and engaging skills).
- A high level of patience and compassion is required towards the patients we serve. This includes the ability to problem solve and help verbally de-escalate those in need.
- Empathy, caring, and resiliency are key factors to be successful in this role.
- Willingness to go above and beyond his or her job description to make patients happy.
- The ideal candidate is responsible for own duties and is also a team player by being thoughtful and considerate of all colleagues, team members, and Management.