Front Desk Medical Assistant (BILINGUAL)
Orlando Psychiatric Associates INC Orlando, FL
- Expired: July 12, 2021. Applications are no longer accepted.
OFFICE: Orlando Psychiatric Associates (OPA)
LOCATION: ORLANDO, FL (on Sand Lake Road)
High Volume Psychiatric Office seeks Front Desk Medical Assistant (preferably Spanish/English Bilingual) with previous medical office experience to handle front desk duties in the Orlando office. Here at OPA, we strive to provide compassionate, professional, and individualized services to our patients. We are looking for an individual who can join our team and bring forth a friendly personality, show genuine/compassionate care, and offer assertive communication skills towards our valuable patients (both in person and via phone).
DAILY TASKS include but are not limited to:
- Professionally greeting patients arriving for appointments, and confirming their information.
- Scheduling appointments for the Physician or other Providers.
- Gathering paperwork required from the patient.
- Check-in / Check-out procedures.
- Ensuring insurance verification was achieved.
- Collecting co-payments and coinsurance amounts from clients.
- Answering phone calls.
- Faxing, scanning, emailing, and data entry.
- Assisting with Interpretation (English/Spanish) as needed.
- Multitasking and Flexibility of various clerical duties.
- Bilingual (English / Spanish) is required
- Applicant must be polished and have a professional appearance and demeanor.
- Experience in working in a medical office setting with a Minimum of 1 yr. experience (with the understanding of HIPAA laws).
- Applicant must have the ability to multi-task and have a working knowledge of insurance terminology and claims processes.
- Basic proficiency in MS Office (Word, Outlook)
KEY PERSONALITY TRAITS:
- Applicant must have a friendly personality, and present excellent communication skills (including adequate tone of voice, professional body language, respectful demeanor, assertive eye contact, welcoming greeting skills).
- A high level of patience and compassion is required towards the patients we serve. This includes the ability to problem solve and help verbally de-escalate those in need.
- Empathy, caring, and resiliency are key factors to be successful in this role.
- Willingness to go above and beyond his or her job description to make clients happy.
- The ideal candidate is responsible for own duties and is also a team player by being thoughtful and considerate of all coworkers and Management.
--> Hours will consist of Mon- Fri (9am to 6pm.) (No weekends).
--> Pay will be based on experience and qualifications (starting at $13 the hour).
--> Benefits (dental/medical) are not offered with this position.
--> Location: Orlando, FL
*NOTE: This position is ONLY for the Orlandooffice. The candidate will be expected to work at the office location in Orlando.
Orlando Psychiatric Associates INC
HealthcareView all jobs at Orlando Psychiatric Associates INC