Specialize in Unparalleled Patient Care at Dr. P. Phillips Hospital. With an international reputation for highly specialized care and state-of-the-art medicine, Dr. P. Phillips Hospital is a 237-bed, full-service medical/surgical facility serving the needs of Southwest Orange County residents. In addition to being supported by a team of outstanding nurse leaders, top-quality support staff and world-renowned physicians, Dr. P. Phillips Hospital will take your skills and capabilities further with the latest tools and resources, as well as leading-edge technology in diagnostic imaging, cardiovascular catheterization and angiography. Here, we have built a reputation around solving complex challenges, hiring the best professionals and staff to lead our patients toward the best outcomes.
Dr. P. Phillips Hospital, a part of Orlando Health, is currently seeking a Unit Secretary that will be responsible for routine clerical/secretarial tasks for persons in a nursing unit.
Education/Training- External and Internal applicants must upload diploma or transcripts to application.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Keyboarding skills and knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Knowledge of Medical terminology, or Health Unit Coordinator Certification.
- Acts as a receptionist on the unit, greeting and directing visitors, personnel and others in a courteous and informative manner.
- Transcribes physicians' orders promptly, accurately and completely according to policy/procedure.
- Communicates consultation requests to physicians or therapists promptly and accurately.
- Performs data entry and assembles and compiles medical records.
- Prepare/copy designated medical record/ information for transfer to other facilities.
- Answers phone calls, routes callers, takes messages and provides routine information to callers.
- Answers patient call lights in person or via intercom; fills request or refers to appropriate person promptly.