Orion Solutions Group Novi, MI
- Expired: 27 days ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Our client is one of the fastest growing companies in the state of Michigan. They are building out a world class accounting function and are looking for talented accountants to join the team. We are looking for a detail-oriented Senior Accountant to ensure accurate recording of assets, liabilities, revenue, and expenses. To be successful as a Senior Accountant, you should have a solid working knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP). An outstanding Senior Accountant should have the ability to work with a team, handle multiple tasks, and prioritize work in a fast-paced environment. A degree in Accounting and a CPA qualification is required for this role.
- Perform monthly accounting close procedures and deliverables, which includes journal entries, accruals, account and bank reconciliations, and financial statement analysis in compliance with GAAP.
- Analyze and problem solve all aspects of accounting from revenue & expense recognition to accurate balance sheet reporting.
- Complete monthly account reconciliations and workpapers ensuring accounts balance to supporting documentation and General Ledger.
- Uphold company standards to ensure compliance with corporate accounting policies, procedures and controls.
- Identify risks and raise issues to leadership.
- Participate in accounting for, and implementation of new acquisitions in our global ledger.
- Interface with external auditors and help prepare the audit paperwork.
- Execute accounting work in designated time frames for monthly reconciliations and duties, quarterly and annual projects in a timely manner.
- Collaborate with all departments within the organization to meet company goals.
- Identify improvement opportunities within control environment.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting.
- CPA required.
- Minimum of four years of accounting experience.
- Knowledge of U.S. GAAP, internal controls, and financial reporting.
- Ability to compile, analyze, and communicate financial information including identifying & solving problems.
- Knowledge of multi-ledger & multi-divisional accounting including intercompany accounting across a multitude of legal entities
- Ability to identify process improvement and transformational opportunities for efficiency and effectiveness.
- Knowledge and experience with accounting software and databases.
- International and multi-currency knowledge preferred.
- Ability to manage deadlines and prioritize workload in a fast-paced environment.
- Skill to work both independently and as a team player.
- Problem solving skills, high attention to detail, strong organizational, oral & written communication skills.
- Proficient in MS Office-Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint.
Orion Solutions Group
Finance and InsuranceView all jobs at Orion Solutions Group