Network and Systems Engineer
- Posted: over a month ago
Position Title: Security Technician
OSS Headquarters: Edmond, OK
Location: Edmond, OK
Orion Security Solutions is seeking a qualified Network and Systems Engineer for a full-time position to be based in Edmond, Oklahoma. Orion Security Solutions (OSS) is an elite integration firm with expertise in advanced technical, physical, and information technology (IT) security solutions. OSS distinguishes itself from competitors by employing the industry’s best and offering the highest quality solutions to our customers.
The Network and Systems Engineer (NSE) will report to the CIO and is responsible for designing, installing, and configuring IT networks for OSS clients. Their duties include using their IT knowledge to specify the proper network architecture to support the client’s systems, coordinating with the client’s IT, Security, and leadership teams, and assisting OSS team members on network and system designs. The NSE will conduct network assessments and provide consulting services.
In addition to the network responsibilities, this position will serve as a subject matter expert for system head-end hardware to include servers, workstations, firewalls, storage arrays, and other related equipment. The NSE will assist the Sales and Design teams with specifying the proper system components to support the applications per their requirements and best practices. The NSE will also support the Service and System Sustainment teams when network and head-end issues arise that require assistance.
General Duties and Responsibilities
The duties and responsibilities of the NSE will include, but are not limited to the below:
- Maintain computer networks including switches, VPNs, routers, firewalls, storage arrays, and other physical hardware
- Install and configure network equipment
- Troubleshoot, resolve, and communicate networking issues for clients
- Implement disaster recovery procedures
- Maintain current knowledge and understanding of security and networking best practices to offer the best solutions and protection to OSS and client systems
- Assist other OSS teams with network designs, assessments, and deployments
Below are some of the skills and qualifications required of this position:
- Comprehensive understanding of network services and protocols such as TCP/IP, OSPF, SD-WAN, Multicast and IPSEC-VPN
- In-depth understanding and practical knowledge of networking systems such as LAN, firewalls, routers, switches, and wireless.
- Ability to analyze and evaluate networks, identify issues, and provide solutions to ensure networks are operating efficiently
- Ability to design, implement, and troubleshoot hardwired networks, wireless networks, and network security infrastructure
- Time management
- Ability to manage several projects simultaneously from design to implementation
- Ability to communicate technical information to other technical team members, but also to coworkers in other departments and clients who may not have knowledge of networking technical terminology
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information technology, or a related field
- 5-10 years of related work experience preferred
- Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP), Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert (CCIE), Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP), Fortinet Network Security Expert Level 4
- Experience with Palo Alto product lines and technologies
- Experience with Allied Telesis product lines and technologies
- Experience with Extreme Networks product lines and technologies
Orion Security Solutions
TechnologyView all jobs at Orion Security Solutions
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?