Sr. Analyst/Associate, Real Estate Transactions
- Expired: October 07, 2022. Applications are no longer accepted.
The candidate will help maximize the performance of a national real estate portfolio of office properties through analytical review of operating cash flows and will help make asset level decisions through NPV analysis, ROI modeling, and risk management/mitigation assessment. Responsibilities will include extensive transaction work involving property leasing, dispositions and acquisitions. The candidate will have strong ARGUS skills, extensive experience with Excel model building, and must also be able to evaluate provisions in leases, purchase and sale agreements, and other transaction documents. Success negotiating transactions to closing is preferred. The candidate will report to the Chief Investment Officer, Executive Vice President and will interface with company departments including Property Management, Construction Management, Legal and Accounting and with external partners including real estate brokers, tenants, lawyers and third-party consultants.
SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES WILL INCLUDE, BUT NOT BE LIMITED TO:
- Forecast cash flows for multi-tenant and single tenant office assets for use in buying, selling and leasing properties
- Underwrite and pursue opportunities to buy and sell properties to achieve portfolio objectives
- Prepare and evaluate capital expenditure plans and operating results from real estate assets
- Prepare hold performance plans and hold vs. sell analyses for real estate assets
- Evaluate proposals for new leases and lease extensions and respond to RFPs from prospective tenants
- Negotiate and close tenant lease extensions, amendments, and purchase and sale transactions
- Assist with strategic decisions through NPV analysis, ROI modeling, and risk management
- Solicit, evaluate, underwrite and summarize third party reports and market due diligence
- Maximize total return of each asset by identifying opportunities to improve performance
- Regularly interact with the property management and construction management to create/enhance value
- Prepare written reports and presentations related to transactions and to the portfolio
- Manage special projects as required
- 2-5 years of commercial real estate experience
- Ability to develop financial models
- Advanced knowledge of ARGUS and Microsoft Excel
- Must have experience doing market, submarket and property level due diligence
- Ability to manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Must possess attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong project management, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Bachelors degree in business related discipline required
- Masters degree in business, finance or real estate preferred
Orion Office REIT Services LLC
AddressNew York, NY
Get fresh Real Estate Portfolio Management jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.