Senior Systems Administrator (100% Remote, Financial Services)
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Committed to the growth of our clients, Orion First appreciates the importance of its own team development. Orion’s culture is built around empowering each employee to channel their drive and exercise his or her own judgment, care, and leadership. Our employees are continually leading our industry forward through active roles throughout the industry association's various councils and committees. We work hard to provide motivated and talented individuals an opportunity to achieve their career goals. We cultivate employees that express an earnest desire to learn and grow within the organization, filling new roles as they gain experience. We are always seeking to connect with driven individuals, because we know our growth and success is the result of talented, focused, and persistent hard work.
In addition to a salary that is competitive for both the industry and the region, Orion First offers the following benefits and perquisites:
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Time Off
- WFH Benefit
- And More!
The Senior Systems Administrator helps support the company’s core and enabling software systems including SQL Server, SharePoint Cloud, Exchange Cloud, Azure, OneDrive, Salesforce, loan and lease accounting systems and other critical applications. These systems may include hosted products, vendor-managed products and on-premises products. The ideal candidate will be familiar with all aspects of IT service management including design, delivery and support of IT systems and services.
This position will also play an active role in the overall design and delivery of IT Systems at Orion.
Additionally, the Senior Systems Administrator will work with the CTO, others in the IT department as well as other stakeholders to help scope and deliver projects timely.
Reports directly to: Chief Technology Officer
Specific duties and responsibilities
- Provide expertise, feedback, and guidance to ensure Orion is getting the most out of the systems it uses.
- Plan, test, and implement upgrades for our information systems.
- Provide first-level technical support with a sense of urgency for end users, opening, updating, and closing help desk tickets in relation to core and supporting systems.
- Security and monitoring of system access will be top priority.
- Integrate new software applications.
- Account Access Management. Provide oversight of system access and security of system including quarterly access reviews.
- Assist with virtualization and cloud migration.
- Develop and apply best practices.
- Serve as backup to IT Administrator and remain fully cross-trained in the duties of this position.
- Responsible for implementation of all core and supporting system updates and user acceptance testing documentation and follow up.
- Accurately document the details of the user request or issue, document the diagnostic steps performed when troubleshooting the issue, and assist the user with resolution using existing procedures and documentation.
- Keeps management informed of the latest, notable developments relating to areas of responsibility and projects in process.
- Work with CTO to ensure proper controls are in place and procedures are being followed in relation to compliance requirements.
- May be required to provide after-hours tech support.
- Provide training to end users on how to appropriately utilize the systems.
- Documents and maintains detailed records.
- Coordinates with company auditors and facilitates audit compliance.
- Providing documentation and workflow with current and future systems.
- Work on project teams or independently to complete assigned tasks.
- All other duties as may be assigned.
Desired education and proficient skillsets
- A bachelor’s degree in computer science, computer engineering, information systems, or a related field highly desired.
- Systems administration experience (5-10 years preferred).
- Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert (MSCE) or equivalent preferred.
- A strong desire to learn about new technologies.
- Team management and problem-solving skills, resourcefulness, strong organization skills, and initiative.
- Technical expertise. You need advanced knowledge of networking and distributed computing/cloud environment concepts, as well as a sound understanding of the principles of routing, firewalls, and client/server applications. You should also have experience with troubleshooting and issue resolution principles, methodologies, and techniques.
AddressGig Harbor, WA
Get fresh Financial System Administrator jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.