Human Resources Manager
- Posted: over a month ago
Orion Engineers and Constructors is looking for a Human Resource Manager to join our team in our Mobile, AL office. The Human Resource Manager is responsible for various functions of the Human Resource department, including talent (recruiting), compensation, benefits, leave, reporting, and administration of company policies.
The ideal person for this position has proven expertise in Human Resources. This includes benefits administration, talent acquisition, compensation, reporting, benefits and training. To be a competent HR Manager, you should be patient and compassionate, have excellent listening skills, and be able to multitask effectively.
- Recruitment – Recruit, interview, and facilitate the hiring of qualified job applicants for all open positions. Work closely with hiring managers to understand the needs of their department and any required job openings. Schedule and coordinate pre-employment activities. Create new-hire onboarding programs and deliver compelling new-hire orientations.
- Education and training – Ensure mandatory training and continuing education is complete and documented, including safety training, code of conduct and handbook training, anti-harassment training and certifications required. Maintain knowledge of trends, best practices, changes to regulations, new technology breakthroughs in HR, talent, and employment law.
- Benefits – Assist employees with benefit programs and all leave requests. Work closely with the Human Resource team on the annual Open Enrollment period. Comply with all federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations.
- Employee relations – Manage all details and coordination of disciplinary discussions, terminations, and investigations. Guide the leadership team on sensitive or complex matters and elevate to the appropriate staff when investigations are required. Ensure professionalism and confidentiality in all aspects of the role.
Strong knowledge of federal labor laws, regulations, and compliance (DOL-FLSA, EEOC, FMLA, OSHA, ACA)
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources, Business Administration or a related field required
- A minimum of seven years of experience in Human Resources
- Strong ability to multitask and remain calm in emergencies
- Superb conflict resolution skills
- Ability to display integrity, professionalism, and confidentiality at all times
- Strong knowledge of laws and regulations
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software
- Proficient in HRIS and talent management systems
- HR Certification Preferred
Learn more about Orion Engineers and Constructors at ORION – Engineers & Constructors (orion-eng.com)
Powered by JazzHR
Orion Engineering, Inc.
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?