- Expired: January 29, 2023. Applications are no longer accepted.
Original X Productions (OGX), formerly Superfly X, has opened Harry Potter Magic at Play in Chicago. OGX is looking for a Operations Manager who is resourceful, innovative, passionate, committed, and value fun in everything that they do. This temporary project-based role will run from approximately January 2023 through June 2023.
This position is responsible for delivering an outstanding guest experience, running an efficient day-to-day operation with a special focus in overseeing and managing the operations and logistics of the ancillary revenue program. These programs include our food & beverage cafe, a premium photo experience, our Special Events/Party packages, and The Owl Post. This position is responsible for cultivating an engaging, positive, and inspiring environment for our Guests and Team Members.
- Support the goals and objectives for the MAP business unit to ensure the teams deliver the highest customer service possible and that team members observe all protocols and training procedures
- Running efficient day-to-day operation of the Food & Beverage cafe
- Maintaining relationships with vendors and suppliers to ensure a steady supply of materials at reasonable prices
- Ensure that costs are controlled, inventory is managed and that results are analyzed regularly to highlight problem areas with immediate action taken
- Responsible for merchandising as well as display and décor with the purpose of optimizing sales
- Oversee the booking, execution, servicing and detailing of events in the Special Events / Party Room
- Coordinating with each department within the organization (Guest Services, Revenue and Facilities teams) to ensure that products or services meet customer needs
- Oversee all aspects of operational set-up and break down of party room events (equipment needs, rental needs, and station set-up)
- Manage logistics of the premium photo sale experience to ensure customer is receiving the most valuable experience
- Oversee the postcard sales & managing the mail process in the Owl Post
- Recruit, interview, hire, train, and develop an ancillary revenue operations team
- Develop, manage, and approve line schedules for all operations staff
- Train all staff with regards to the proper techniques and etiquette for service
- Assisting in the creation of training and reference materials for ancillary revenue operations team including upscale techniques and standards for display
- Strategic insight into the systems, policies, and offerings that will lead to successful business results
- Maintain service areas and stock rooms to ensure health and safety standards are met and upheld
- Identify and maximize revenue drivers while optimizing the overall guest experience
- Provide leadership and sound judgment to the benefit of the company
- Act on behalf of the Site Manager when the Site Manager is off site or off duty
- Regularly assume the role of the Manager on Duty as required
- Enforces all rules and regulations; upholds proper levels of accountability and supports discipline in partnership with people and culture when standards are not met
- Interface with other department managers and third-party managers to achieve strategic goals and objectives
- Assists with special company projects as may be needed
- Any and all duties as assigned
- 3+ years of management experience in food and beverage / events / entertainment industry
- Possess or able to obtain Food Handler's License and any other necessary requirements
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- Proven ability to work effectively as part of a fast-paced team
- Hands-on experience in the implementation and operation of attractions including inventory management, guest services, and food operations
- Strategic thinker with strong conceptual skills, self-motivated, enthusiastic, flexible, and adaptable
- Exceptional communication skills
- Extremely organized and detail oriented
- Maintains composure under pressure and enjoys working in a fast-paced and fluid environment
- Ability to effectively interface with the public and handle emergency situations in a calm and authoritative manner
- Must be able to work a variable schedule including nights, weekends, and holidays
The annualized pro-rated salary range for this position is $60K-65K
Original X Productions
Get fresh C9 jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.