The Sr. Accountant is responsible for managing accounting principles to prepare financial reports, compilation of financial statements, analysis of financial data, and ensuring financial compliance. The Sr. Accountant will maintain and execute a variety of financial procedures, including month-end and year-end closings, accounts payable, accounts receivable, general ledger entries, expense reporting compliance and bank reconciliations. This position is involved with maintaining controls and records of financial transactions and managing the Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable team members. The Sr. Accountant reports directly to the Controller and will be responsible for supporting the accounting and finance team in carrying out all other responsibilities of the department.
Essential Functions (This list may not include all duties as assigned):
- Supervise accounting staff and participate in all activities related to accounting for operations, including but not limited to: Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable, Treasury, Inventory, Journal Entries, balances sheet reconciliations and month-end close process and timeline adherence.
- Prepare timely ad hoc, monthly, quarterly, and yearly management reports ensuring accuracy in reporting. To include financial statements with variances vs. budgets. Discussion and analysis from underlying information.
- Partner with IT and Finance leaders in evaluation, process design, project management, implementation and procedure creation for new accounting systems and business applications.
- Supervise Accountants and work with business leaders to ensure accurate and timely cost of goods for all production and purchased times. Ensure policy and procedures are in place for accurate inventory valuation.
- Work with business leaders to prepare annual business plans/targets and monitor results towards those goals
- Manage treasury relationships and system access, while monitoring and managing operating cash flow and funding requirements. Maintain cash flow forecast.
- Prepare and review financial information for internal and external tax preparers. Assist in evaluation of tax implications for various situations and assist in making recommendations.
- Help create, establish, and monitor financial systems and procedures for efficiency and internal control considerations. Evaluate and implement optimal accounting systems and related process changes.
- Develop and maintain relationships with IT, Sales, Operations, and other staff members whom are all integral to the success of the businesses.
- Participate in special projects and analysis as needed and directed by management/owner/supervisors.
· Performs other duties, as assigned.
· Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, related field or equivalent job experience.
· 7+ years of Accounting experience required.
· A CPA or CMA is preferred, but not required.
· Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office including proficiency in Excel.
· Working knowledge of GAAP principles, accounting transactions, schedules and financial reports.
· Excellent analytical skills, written and verbal communication skills.
· Must possess strong leadership skills and the ability to manage team member performance.
· Ability to quickly adapt to changing priorities.
· Knowledge of Great Plains or similar software is a required
· Demonstrate and promote a climate of courtesy, respect and professionalism to coworkers, the customers served by this company and others with whom her/his job puts her/him in contact.
· Adheres to the company’s equal opportunity and non-discrimination policies, which ensure that there will be no discrimination on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, sex, creed, national origin, socioeconomic status, disability, age or any other protected class.
· Attendance is an essential job requirement defined as having regular, consistent, reliable, punctual and predictable attendance including the ability to work regular hours and shifts, before and after hours, and on weekends, when required.
· Must complete and pass a criminal background check and credit check.
Original One Auto Parts LLC