***PLEASE READ ENTIRE POSTING***
We respectfully request that candidates only apply if you have met the requirements.
Please reply to post with your resume in Word or pdf format and include your email address.
Currently looking to fill a production position in an automotive parts shop. Applicants with skills and experience with GMAW, SMAW and STAW welding are a plus but not a requirement. The position will require problem solving, ingenuity and the ability to work independently as well as part of a team. An artistic and aesthetic sense would be preferred but not required. This position is full time with benefits. Successful applicants can start immediately. Please provide a resume with references.
This position will be including the following essentials duties:
· Complete and maintain all necessary and associated paperwork.
· Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
· Assembling new products such as condensers, hoses, ducts, etc.
· Paint & refinish new, rebuilt & reconditioned parts. Including mixing paint/HVLP.
· Perform a final quality check and review of work order prior to submitting completed work.
· Other responsibilities, as needed and dictated by foreman.
ADDITIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES MAY INCLUDE:
· Repair/restore part(s) by dismantling, minor fabrication, reconditioning and reassembling using air and hand tools.
· Light body work. Minor repairs to metal and fiberglass housings and casings; stripping paint via glass-bead, grinding and sanding.
· Clean and maintain your work area.
· Maintain safe work environment by adhering to company standards and practices.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE & ATTRIBUTES:
· Can lift approximately 50+ pounds regularly on a daily basis.
· Can work in a warehouse environment and within the confines of a 10’ x 10’ paint booth. (Consider summer & winter temperatures)
· Pass initial and regular drug testing.
· Very mechanically inclined. Can dismantle complicated parts and reassemble correctly. (Potential candidates will be required to demonstrate)
· Must be a self-starter .
· Must be a fast learner.
· Must be able to work independently and in a team environment.
· Must have a strong eye for detail – pride in workmanship.
· Must have the ability to fluently use hand & air tools.
· Must be able to communicate and work in a professional manner with all departments and within all levels of the organization. (i.e., engineering, shipping, new parts, management etc.)
· Must be highly organized, able to handle multiple concurrent assignments with ability to prioritize.
· Strong mechanical, strategic thinking, organizational, and judgment skills.
· Fiberglass/body repair experience is helpful, but not required.
· Knowledge of classic Ford, Mopar & GM automotive air-conditioning parts is helpful, but not required
· Troubleshoot and correct malfunctions in automotive a/c systems helpful, but not required
· Read and interpret troubleshooting and diagnostic procedures and flow diagrams for systems, subsystems and components helpful, but not required
· Health/Dental/Life Insurance
· Holiday/Vacation/Paid Time Off
7:30am to 4pm (Possible option to work 9:30-6pm after initial 90-day training period.)
Classic Auto Air's Original Air Group (Near Hillsborough/Veterans Expressway) is a classic car air-conditioning company that specializes in air-conditioning part restoration & part sales for classic cars & trucks.
Please be aware that Classic Auto Air maintains a Drug-Free Workplace. In addition to this, a background check and personality assessment will be part of the pre-employment process.
WE WILL RESPOND TO QUALIFIED CANDIDATES WITHIN 2 BUSINESS DAYS. (Excludes weekends)
Classic Auto Air’s Original Air Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer