- Posted: over a month ago
Founded in 1998, Origin Point Brands (OPB) is a global manufacturer and distributor of steel, aluminum, plastic, wood, and other materials we sell into the consumer products channel. In particular, OPB is a leader in the lawn & garden and fencing industries with trusted brands of aluminum and wire products, including Yard Link, Iron Ridge, IronCraft, Pet Sentinel, Garden Craft, and ProWorx. The company is headquartered in Shijiazhuang, China, and Summerville, SC, with manufacturing and distribution facilities in Asia and Summerville, SC, Houston, TX, and Ontario, Canada.
For more information, please visit: http://www.originpointbrands.com
Come work for an essential business that values our employees. Competitive pay with EXCELLENT benefit package for full time employees including medical, dental, vision, HSA with employer contributions, life, paid holidays, paid time off, 401(k), and more!
Reporting to the CFO, the Senior Accountant has a wide range of responsibilities to manage the manufacturing financial reporting and overseeing the Accounts Receivable function while maintaining a cost-effective process that provides management with the necessary information required in making sound business decisions.
- This position serves as the primary point of contact for all accounting matters related to Accounts Receivable along with the manufacturing and distribution facility.
- The ideal candidate has excellent intrapersonal skills and can work independently across all functions.
- The successful candidate will be based at the company’s headquarters in Summerville, SC.
- The Senior Accountant will maintain effective and continuous communication with the company’s managers with respect to establishing common business processes, internal control, and the exchange of operating and financial information.
The Senior Accountant will assist in defining, implementing, and managing the financial infrastructure of the company that will, in turn, directly impact the company’s ability to deal with the strategic and operational issues of the business. This includes overseeing the management of each of the critical areas within Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payanble.
- Work closely with CFO and COO to provide advice to ensure the optimum performance of the manufacturing operations.
- Prepare timely and accurate accounting and reporting of all job cost information and walks to the prior year and budget variance reports.
- Develop and prepare financial and operational measurement and key performance indicators for incorporation into weekly and monthly operations reports.
- primarily responsible for the accurate compilation and reporting of the Company’s inventories including preparing reserve calculations.
- Cross train and work closely with the Corporate Controller.
- Drive process improvement and lean manufacturing concepts to build quality products at lowest cost.
- Drive cost and working capital improvement initiatives.
- Assist in the preparation and development of the Manufacturing annual budget and financial forecast.
- Update standard costing on an annual basis.
- Utilize cost accounting data to perform product-line analysis in determining profitability.
- Perform cost analysis and EVA analysis as needed.
- Understand variances to standard cost and drive appropriate decisions.
- Complete margin analysis on various discount structures as requested.
- Prepare ROI analysis on capital expenditures - Plant, Property and Equipment -Expansion projects
- Prepare other financial models as requested.
Accounts Receivable -
- Establish objectives for the accounts receivable team that align with company goals.
- Prompt collection of receivables and communication with customers regarding collections by implementing a dunning process.
- Review and revise as needed a customer deduction charge back procedure.
- Perform the daily cash management function.
- Monitor invoicing procedures and determine if it should reside in Accounting Department.
- Establish protocol for new customer creation in Sage X3.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting required.
- A minimum of 3 years of professional financial management; experience should include tenure with a growing manufacturing or distribution company.
- Strong operational and financial accounting and reporting skills; a proven track record in financial management focused on forecasting/planning, inventory control, and cost accounting.
- Knowledge of cost accounting procedures and practices
- Strong team leadership skills: the demonstrated ability to coach and train an effective team of internal and external service professionals.
- Net Suite ERP experience helpful
- An innovative, adaptable, and strategic mindset; will be interested in and involved with operational issues and how they affect the financial function.
- Comfortable working independently to ensure all responsibilities and tasks are successfully completed.
- An entrepreneurial mindset and roll-up-the-sleeves style; a commitment to customer service and continuous improvement.
- High level of integrity and responsibility; commitment to the values of mutual respect, teamwork, diversity, and support of employees.
- A high energy self-starter who will approach the position with enthusiasm as well as commitment to and compassion for the vision, mission, and purpose of the company.
All qualified applicants received by Origin Point Brands will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, veteran's status, age, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Origin Point Brands
Finance and InsuranceView all jobs at Origin Point Brands