Research Associate - Protein Manufacturing & Engineering
- Expired: December 01, 2021. Applications are no longer accepted.
Description:OriGene Technologies Inc (OTI) is a biotech company commercializing millions of gene-related research tools for life science. Recognized globally as one of the world's largest sources for cDNA clones, recombinant proteins, and novel antibodies, OriGene continues to drive innovation in CRISPR, immune assay, and in vitro diagnostic fields. For more information, please visit our website: www.origene.com
Summary of Position
We are looking for a highly motivated research associate to join our protein team at OriGene. The candidate will work within a fast-paced, interactive, and innovative research group and develop protein products to meet scientific requirements for the global research community. This role is tasked primarily with recombinant protein expression and purification with cross-functional responsibilities to the assay and antibody development teams. The OriGene protein team focuses on recombinant protein production, protein engineering and antigen design, and functional assays and validation. This role is challenging, requires versatility, and affords many opportunities for technical learning and professional growth.
Responsibilities and Job Duties
· Perform recombinant protein expressions and purifications and contribute to protein/antigen design and engineering.
· Perform tissue culture, cell line maintenance, western blotting, protein functional/enzymatic assays, flow tests related to the product or project.
· Assist in development and optimization of SOPs, validation protocols; provide technical assistance to other team members.
· Coordinate with sales, marketing, and tech support teams to deliver orders and promote products in a timely manner.
· Collaborate with antibody, assay, and molecular biology R&D teams as required to advance the OriGene product portfolio.
· Maintain strong understanding of state of the art science and technology of development in the biomedical industry.
· Prepare technical reports and data presentations as needed.
· Perform routine maintenance on scientific equipment..Requirements:
Education & Experience
· The successful candidate will possess a minimum of 1-3 years of work experience (industry experience in protein purification and structural analysis preferred), knowledgeable in the basics of proteomics, immunology, cell biology and have at minimum an undergraduate degree in biology, biochemistry, or related life science field.
· Experience with protein expression and purification from bacteria, insect, or mammalian cell lines. Experience with aseptic tissue culture is a plus.
· Experience with liquid chromatographic systems and various matrices (e.g. affinity, SEC, IEX, HIC).
· Hands-on experience with multiple cell/molecular biology techniques such as PCR, DNA/RNA isolation, sequence analysis, cell maintenance, western blotting, flow cytometry, protein or antibody functional assays, cell-based protein activity assays, etc.
Bachelors/Masters degree in related field
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
· Ability to analyze and interpret data independently and provide scientific approaches.
· Highly organized and collaborative individual with an ability to work in a fast-paced work environment and handle multiple concurrent projects.
· Strong written and oral communication skills and proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and some data analysis software.
ScienceView all jobs at Origene Technologies