Occupational Therapist- Certified Driving Instructor
- Posted: over a month ago
Under the direct supervision of the Occupational Therapy Supervisor (OTS) and guidance from the Clinical Manager (CM), the Occupational Therapist (OT) develops and administers occupational therapy services as indicated by occupational therapy assessments and as prescribed by physicians in order to provide quality rehabilitation care services to clients. The OT communicates with appropriate stakeholders involved in the clients care; this communication must be effective, timely, inclusive, and reflective of Origami’s mission, vision, and core values.
Great opportunity for those with an expedited interest in obtaining CDRS credentialing.
- Model appropriate behavior conducive to a positive working and therapeutic environment.
- Observe all rules of confidentiality as they pertain to program participants internally, and in dealing with outside individuals and/or agencies.
- Proactively initiate and follow-through with tasks utilizing appropriate problem solving techniques in order to facilitate communication flow and prompt resolutions.
- Adhere to ethical guidelines set forth by the American Occupational Therapy Association and practice in accordance with the State of Michigan regulations.
- Attend clinical reviews and family conferences as appropriate.
- Delegate, educate, and train rehabilitation aides in individualized home exercise programs.
- Evaluate and document findings and prepare and implement treatment plans for clients referred by physicians.
- Record evaluations, daily progress notes, discharge reports, and service billings in a timely manner and in accordance to procedure to provide complete documentation for client charts.
- Accurately schedule client visits in accordance to procedure.
- Contribute to the design and maintenance of effective and timely systems of documentation, including the collection and analysis of outcome data and auditing systems.
- Maintain professional excellence through attending networking opportunities, establishing collegial relationships, sharing resources and skills, and seeking out opportunities to speak, publish, and contribute to research.
- Provide interns, volunteers, and job shadows meaningful educational experiences.
- Maintain caseload levels at a level deemed reasonable by the OTS.
- Understand and follow emergency procedures.
- Attend staff meetings, orientation, in-service training as assigned.
- Provide caseload coverage for the various specialty areas provided by OT.
- Serve on designated clinical quality improvement and program development committees.
- Report equipment and building repair needs, IT requests, and purchase requests.
- Participate in program development, budget planning, and small therapy supply inventory.
- Other duties as assigned by the OTS.
Certified Driver Rehabilitation Specialist (CDRS)
- Provide behind the wheel assessments and training and consults with the team to make necessary recommendations for driving.
- Collaborate with community agencies and provide education and resources to enhance services for Origami and driver rehabilitation services.
- To perform this position successfully, an individual must be able to perform each duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The subsequent listings of requirements are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or abilities required
- The job requires a degree in Occupational Therapy and licensure in the state of Michigan.
- Accurate typing of at least 35 words per minute. Knowledge of personal computers and MS Office applications. Computer competency skill equivalent with Therapist level.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to stakeholders, clients, and other employees of the organization
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding and to carry out instruction furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Possess a valid State Driver’s License or ability to plan and provide transportation as required
- Registration with the National Board for Certification in Occupational Therapy
- Possess a valid Occupational Therapy License in the State of Michigan
- Certification as a Brain Injury Specialist (within 6 months from eligibility)
- Certification as a Driver Rehabilitation Specialist (once eligible)
- Certified Driving Instructor (CDI)
- 3-5 years of Occupational Therapist experience
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee is often required to stand, walk, sit, use hands to palpate, handle or feel, reach with hands and arms, climb or balance, stoop kneel or crawl, and taste or smell. Accommodated alternatives are acceptable if they accomplish the necessary essential tasks. The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 40 lbs. Specific vision abilities required for this position include close vision, distance, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
An Equal Opportunity Employer.
Origami is an At-Will Employer. By submitting an application, you grant Origami Rehabilitation permission to contact the identified employers, references, and educational institutions to verify the information provided within this application. I further understand that any dishonest, false or incomplete answers or information on this application or subsequent interviews are grounds for immediate dismissal. Due to the nature of our work, should you be offered a conditional offer of employment a background check, fingerprinting, physical, drug screen, and Motor Vehicle Report check are required prior to start date. Should you need assistance in completing this application for any reason please contact a member of the human resources department at email@example.com We would be happy to assist you personally.
HealthcareView all jobs at Origami Rehabilitation