Local Class-A CDL Driver
- Posted: over a month ago
- $24 to $26 Hourly
Organically Grown Company (OGC), the Northwest’s largest independent distributor of fresh, organic produce, is hiring CDL Class-A Drivers. If you have experience operating equipment ranging from 53-foot trailers to box trucks, we want to meet you! OGC drivers are recognized and appreciated by our farmers, customers, coworkers and community for their role in the organic food supply chain, and we want you to be part of our team!
Why Drive for OGC?
As a CDL Class-A driver, you play the most crucial role by making sure fruits and vegetables make it to the store shelves. OGC Drivers travel the region’s scenic highways and through beautiful country roads, going to organic farms to pick-up freshly harvest produce, delivering it to grocers and our distribution hubs and cross-docks. You’ll work with amazing coworkers who support you every mile along the way – and you’ll be home every day.
Join our team to earn:
- Pay $23.50 – $26/hour (based on experience)
- Pay increases after 6 months
- Comprehensive healthcare benefits for you and your family after 30 days of employment
Free medical insurance option for coworkers!
- 4x10 schedule, home every day
- Earn up to $3+ more per hour through driver incentive programs
- Annual profit share
- 401k retirement program with company match
- Paid time off
- Discount on organic produce
- Company paid uniforms and safety footwear program
Drive Trucks Tailored by Truckers for Truckers!
- OGC trucks are outfitted with the tools and technology, giving drivers more control in weather, off-road and on docks
- Upgraded trims, spacious cabins with satellite radio and sound insulation for comfort, safety and style
- Trailers are outfitted for deliveries with the drivers in mind, including electric pallet jacks and liftgates.
Here’s what you’ll do:
- Deliver OGC products on a route system
- Interact with our customers in a professional manner
- Conduct inspections and maintenance as needed.
- Deliver and pickup trucks for services
- Obtain and keep track of required documentation
- Perform duties as requested
Qualified candidates will have:
- A valid Class-A driver’s license
- Great customer service skills
- Previous related experience
- Ability to learn new computer software
- Basic math skills
It’s extra awesome if you bring:
- Previous work experience with perishable products
- Understand cold chain supply
- Love or knowledge about organic produce
- Workplace longevity
OGC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
At Organically Grown Company (OGC), we are not only proud to an Equal Employment Opportunity --- we celebrate and thrive on the benefit our diverse workforce brings to our employees, customers, and community. OGC encourages individual differences and makes all employment decision based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, religion or belief, color, national origin, gender identity, LGBT/ sexual orientation, veteran’s status, physical, mental or sensory disability, age, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status or any other applicable characteristics that makes you, YOU! OGC also considers qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with all legal requirements.
OGC's trademarked LADYBUG brand represents more than 30 Northwest, family-owned, organic and Salmon-Safe certified farms and is sold in markets across the United States and Canada. OGC has been recognized as a leader in sustainable business practices including sourcing 100% renewable energy in facilities, operating their own Clean Air certified truck fleet, support for fair trade and charitable giving. Their mission is "Promoting health through organic agriculture as a leading sustainable organization." www.organicgrown.com
Organically Grown CompanyWhy Work Here?
OGC is an employee focused company that cares about its employees just as much as we do about earth - come join our family!
Founded in 1978, employee and grower-owned Organically Grown Company (OGC) is the largest organic produce distributor in the Pacific Northwest. From locations in Oregon and Washington, OGC works with more than 300 growers and vendors to market and distribute produce to over 500 retail, wholesale and restaurant customers throughout the greater Pacific Northwest and beyond. OGC's trademarked LADYBUG brand represents more than 30 Northwest, family-owned, organic and Salmon-Safe certified farms and is sold in markets across the United States and Canada. OGC has been recognized as a leader in sustainable business practices including sourcing 100% renewable energy in facilities, operating their own Clean Air certified truck fleet, support for fair trade and charitable giving. Their mission is "Promoting health through organic agriculture as a leading sustainable organization." www.organicgrown.com
Transportation and Storage