Oregon Society of CPAs Beaverton, OR
- Posted: over a month ago
- $20 to $21 Hourly
- Benefits: 401k, dental, life insurance, medical,
Oregon Society of CPAs is a statewide not-for-profit professional membership association located at in Beaverton, Oregon. If you are organized, detail-oriented, able to manage a variety of tasks to meet deadlines, and enjoy working with people, an association career may be right for you. Database and Microsoft Office experience is required. All candidates must be customer service oriented and possess excellent telephone, written and oral communication skills.
Essential Job Functions:
The Seminar Coordinator supports the Director, Professional Development in implementing and supporting organizational goals and OSCPA Strategic Plan. Essential job functions are:
- Under the direction of the Director, completes daily activities and responsibilities
- Serve as front office liaison for incoming guests and calls
- Greet and receive members and public
- Answer questions and inquiries; direct to appropriate staff
- Primary for incoming auto-attendant phone calls
- Scan invoices and background documents into accounts payable management system
- Completes daily duties and reminder dates as assigned by division Director
- Ensure hard copy and electronic materials are ordered for each seminar
- Work with facilities for meeting logistics
- Open Lower Learning Center and complete set-up for classes
- Assists with marketing activities including, email, brochures, publications, website, etc. in collaboration with others
- Completes seminar email promotions, working closely with the Director for promotional content and message timing
- Prepare and mail promotional postcards
- Draft, edit and proofread communications and assists with associated printing process
- Complete and tabulation of evaluations for educational courses & membership events
- Assists with web education programs and associated tasks
- Coordinates social media for The OSCPA Educational Foundation
- Provides backup support for department
- Maintain stock in office racks and stands. Process request for materials.
- Provides support for mailroom, shipping and receiving, and inventory
- Works as part of the team to fulfill member requests, hospitality, customer service and registration processing, and assigned projects.
- Assists with implementation of organizational and volunteer goals and strategies
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Required Skills for all Functional Areas (Core Competencies):
- Administrative skills
- Attention to detail
- Customer service
- Database experience & comprehension
- Organizational skills
- OSCPA stewardship
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Outlook, Excel, & Access)
- Project planning
- Team collaboration
- Understanding the customer
- Works independently
- Written & oral business communication
Specific Skills for this position:
- Analyzing information
- Information & database mining
Physical and Perceptual Demands:
- This position is not required to exert significant physical effort on a routine basis.
- Visual demands of this position are within the normal range of requirements.
- This position is not exposed to adverse environmental conditions on a routine basis.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Requires high school diploma – college degree preferred. Experience may substitute for some education.
- Requires a minimum of 2 years’ administrative experience
- Occasional in-town errands
- Some in-state travel may be required for meetings, conferences, presentations, and other events.
Oregon Society of CPAs
Oregon Society of CPAs is a statewide not-for-profit professional membership association located in Beaverton, Oregon. This is full-time (37.5 hours per week). Candidates should be organized and detail-oriented, able to manage a variety of tasks to meet deadlines, and possess excellent skills with Office 365. Database experience a plus. Must be customer service oriented and possess excellent telephone, written and oral communication skills. Benefits include medical/dental insurance and 401(k). College preferred with minimum of 2 year of experience.
10206 SW Laurel St. BeavertonBeaverton, OR
BusinessView all jobs at Oregon Society of CPAs