FTE: 1.0, Full Time
Schedule: Monday - Friday, 8:00am - 5:00pm
Salary Range: $77,372.88 - $107,215.68 Annually
Location: Portland,OR (Downtown)
Job Type:AFSCME, Union represented
Functions/Duties of Position
As a member of the POWER and Data Governance team this position will be part of a dynamic and energetic collaborative environment that supports the organization in the use of data and information to further OHSU's mission to strive for excellence in education, research and scholarship, clinical practice and community service. Members of the team work to apply knowledge and best practices to assist end users in leveraging the BI Tools and data to facilitate informed decision making throughout the organization.
The responsibilities of this position will analyzing business processes in support of strategic initiatives and projects to inform the design, development and enhancement of IT systems that will enable these efforts. This will include:
- Gathering requirements, assessing system configurations, and implementation of new systems and/or enhancements to existing system functionality.
- Understanding business processes and associated applications to help drive recommendations for process improvements.
- Providing analytical support for customers by evaluating and documenting requirements and reviewing and tracking project tasks
- Monitoring information technology output for quality, accuracy, and timeliness.
Master's degree in computer science, a related field, or a clinical field and four years work related experience in the information technology field or a combination of clinical or operational healthcare environments; OR
Bachelor's degree in computer science, a related field, or a clinical field and six years work related experience in the information technology field or a combination of clinical or operational healthcare environments
- Two or more years of experience documenting associated business processes
- Experience working with Cloud-based applications and associated vendors
- Experience implementing enterprise wide systems and applications
- Knowledge of BI tool fundamentals and/or data warehousing architecture.
- Excellent presentation/facilitation/training skills.
- Work experience demonstrating signficant organizational skills
- Project coordination and/or leadership experience from conception, schedule, design, testing, through implementation.
- Ability to develop detailed user requirements / specifications documentation supporting complex system enhancements.
- Must have excellent communication, analytical, and organizational skills: both written and verbal.
- Ability to use tact and diplomacy to maintain effective working relationships.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team while being collaborative in resolving problems.
- Must have demonstrated, excellent customer service skills both on the phone and in person.
Oregon Health & Science University values a diverse and culturally competent workforce. We are proud of our commitment to being an equal opportunity, affirmative action organization that does not discriminate against applicants on the basis of any protected class status, including disability status and protected veteran status. Individuals with diverse backgrounds and those who promote diversity and a culture of inclusion are encouraged to apply. To request reasonable accommodation contact the Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Department at 503-494-5148 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Getting to Work:
Commuting to OHSU is a unique experience and planning ahead for your first visit is highly recommended. Parking at OHSU is limited and employees are required to purchase a permit to access parking. OHSU is committed to reducing traffic congestion and rewards commuters for a variety of options. Learn about cash incentives, free shuttles, transit discounts, the aerial tram, dynamic carpooling, free ride share for early and late commuting, and request a custom trip plan at www.ohsu.edu/commute.
Job Title: Senior Business Analyst (System Application Analyst, Sr)
Department: Information Technology Group (ITG)
Location: MSB 900
Drug Testable: No