Property Casualty Underwriter
- $65,000 to $80,000 Yearly
- Vision , Medical , Dental , Life Insurance , Retirement
Commercial/Personal Lines Underwriter Hybrid
Partial Work-From-Home Opportunity
As a Professional at the Oregon FAIR Plan Association, you immediately become an integral part of a team that fulfills the unique mission of our company. As a specialized insurance association working with higher-risk properties, it is essential to provide peace of mind to our policyholders and agents by helping them to know and understand their coverage options. You will have a continual opportunity to provide help, support, and respect to the clients you work with.
The underwriter will handle Personal, Farm, and Commercial Lines accounts and is primarily responsible for risk selection, analysis, documentation, and pricing. Candidates will also be responsible for renewal reviews and ongoing management of existing policies.
Qualified candidates must reside in the vicinity of the Portland, Oregon metropolitan area and be able to work from the office a minimum of two days weekly. For candidates who have an established home office, are disciplined and self-directed, and are able to meet all security protocols and other required provisions, it may be possible to work the remainder of the week from your home.
Minimum qualifications include, but are not limited to:
- Commercial lines underwriting experience of 3+ years with a proven history of increased responsibility.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred, but not required with an equivalent combination of education, training and/or related experience.
- CPCU, AU, and other continuing insurance education are desired.
- Demonstrated knowledge of both Commercial and Personal Lines underwriting risk management, including technical principles of rating and pricing of both Lines of insurance.
- Strong proven interpersonal and team-building skills.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to build and maintain strong internal and external business relationships.
- Prioritization, organizational, and follow-up skills.
- Flexibility and willingness to adapt to change.
- Proficient PC skills including Microsoft Office products and other proprietary software used by the company.
The Oregon FAIR Plan Association offers a comfortable working environment and a competitive compensation package. We have a strong record of more than 50 years of history providing property insurance throughout the State of Oregon.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Oregon FAIR Plan Association
8705 SW Nimbus AveWest Linn, OR
Finance and Insurance
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.