OCCU is looking for a part time Teller at our Wilsonville Branch. This part time Teller will work full days every Saturday and two days during the week for a total of between 19 and 23 hours per week. On your application you'll be able to share your availability. If you are passionate about member service, have cash handling and sales experience and want to be part of a dynamic and growing Credit Union, consider applying today!
Tellers assist members with financial transactions and actively cross-sell products and services in a professional and competent manner. They provide an enriching member experience through body language, asking individualized questions and providing personalized service. They complete tasks and responsibilities associated with branch transactions such as balancing individual cash drawer, cash dispensers and vault, and maintaining accurate records.
As a not-for-profit financial institution, we strive to provide remarkable value and unparalleled personal guidance with every interaction. We focus on member service, community involvement and providing value to our more than 165,000 members with every decision we make. In exchange for high levels of work performance, dedication and innovative thinking, we are committed to providing our employees with a challenging, fun, open and engaging work environment that motivates them to stay with us over the long haul. Benefits include a robust 401(k) program with employer match after 6 months; medical, vision and dental coverage that starts the month after hire; life insurance and much more.
Location: Wilsonville, OR
- Act as a trusted advisor in all interactions with both consumer and business members and potential members. Establish and develop member relationships through both face-to-face interactions and outbound communications, keeping the members best interest in mind. Actively contribute to the Branch’s retail goals by participating in sales campaigns and community events. Meet or exceed established Credit Union and individual objectives, using effective sales techniques that result in a positive experience for the member.
- Accurately process member financial transactions, including deposits, withdrawals, and transfers for members in the Branch or on the telephone.
- Promote and effectively demonstrate remote delivery channels to all new and existing members.
- Maintain high product knowledge by learning and demonstrating new selling techniques, new products, and market trends.
- Develop new member relationships through business development activities, community involvement, and existing member referrals by providing members with excellent service.
- Keep up-to-date on OCCU’s products and services and recommend both personal and business services based on the members’ needs. Actively open and close member accounts, provide consultation regarding our products and services, make recommendations, and assist in problem resolution.
- Interview applicants, review credit bureau reports, prepare all loan documentation, and input information into computer. Print documents and obtain member signatures where appropriate. Explain all documentation and procedures accurately to our members. Follow-up with members as appropriate. This may include both personal and business relationships.
- Assist members with complimentary services such as bill-pay, internet banking, automatic payments, cashier’s checks, and statement copies.
- Maintain accurate records of all transactions. Balance cash drawer, when used and daily transactions. Balance cash dispenser when necessary.
- Make outbound warm and cold calls to members, which may be informative or sales in nature.
- Accurately process members’ financial transactions, including but not limited to assisting monetary transactions at the ATM machines, in the Branch or on the telephone. Answer members’ questions regarding account details and perform file maintenance accurately.
- Place member’s needs before other Branch responsibilities. Proactively acknowledge and greet members. For the purpose of attaining Credit Union goals, it is the responsibility of each employee to strive for continuous improvement of process and quality of service to internal and external members.
- Assist with Branch audits and review other team members’ work for accuracy and completeness as needed.
- Must follow all BSA regulations, including CTR reports when applicable, reporting suspicious activity via SAR when applicable and completing annual training.
- Must maintain licensing and relevant updates with the NMLS Safe Act website including address changes, name changes, and other relevant personal information changes required by NMLS. Annually renew licensing in the timeline allotted by NMLS.
- Must know basic business terms and language and be able to effectively communicate with business members regarding business relationships with OCCU.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Applied Learning – Assimilating and applying new job-related information in a timely manner. Key actions include actively participating in learning activities, quickly gaining knowledge, understanding and skills and applying knowledge.
- Building Member Loyalty – Meeting and exceeding internal or external customer expectations while cultivating relationships that secure commitment and trust. Key actions include enhancing the member’s self-esteem, clarifying needs, involving the member, navigating dissatisfaction, exceeding expectation and confirming satisfaction.
- Quality orientation – Accomplish tasks by considering all areas involved, no matter how detailed; show concern for all aspects of the job; accurately check processes and tasks; be watchful over a period of time. Key actions include following procedures, ensuring high-quality output and taking action.
- Stress tolerance – Maintain stable performance under pressure or opposition (e.g., experiencing time pressure, conflict, or job ambiguity); handle stress in a manner that is acceptable to others and to the organization. Key actions include maintaining focus, maintaining relationships and coping effectively.
- Technical/professional knowledge and skills – Having achieved a satisfactory level of technical, functional, and/or professional skill or knowledge in position-related areas; keep up with current developments and trends in areas of expertise; leverage expert knowledge to accomplish results. Key actions include understanding technical terminology and developments, knowing how to apply a technical skill or procedure, knowing when to apply a technical skill or procedure and performing complex tasks in area of expertise.
- Collaborating – Work cooperatively with others to help a team or work group achieve its goals. Key actions include contributing to goal accomplishment, asking for help and encouraging involvement, informing others on the team and modeling commitment.
Six months of similar or related experience.
Equivalent to a high school education.
Physical Demands and Work Requirements:
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and to talk and hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and ability to adjust focus.
- Work Environment: The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Work Hours: This job can typically be done within a Monday through Saturday schedule; however, based on events going on there will be times when evening and weekend work is required with little or no notice.
OCCU is an Equal Opportunity Employer