Location: Junction City, OR
As an industry leader for manufacturing, wood treating, and trucking operations, Oregon Cascade Building Materials, Inc. is dedicated to our customers with a mission to provide quality products and services.
Job Title: General Manager of Operations-Treating (Full-Time Position)
Department: Lumber Treating Service Center
Reports To: Vice President – U.S. Treating Division
Oregon Cascade Building Materials, Inc. is seeking a seasoned manufacturing leader that has previous work experience in a manufacturing environment. This position is responsible for the overall management of the Company’s treating productions and distribution activities. The GM will be accountable for the execution of all manufacturing activities including workforce management, cost management, Safety, Health, and Environmental compliance. This person will provide overall leadership in all treating processes, inventory tracking processes, ensuring accurate and on-time customer deliveries, streamlining processes, reducing waste and building a highly functioning workforce while leading with a hands-on approach. This role will champion a continuous improvement mindset, build a culture of accountability, provide industry leading customer service, as well as, strong decision-making and risk assessment capabilities to ensure the delivery of high quality products and customer services.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND FUNCTIONS:
Includes, but not limited to the following:
• Direct Operations including Engineering, Manufacturing, CAC, Environmental, Purchasing, Safety, Transportation, Site Supervision, and Supply Chain.
• Ensures Treating Plant is producing products within agreed upon specifications and that continuous improvement plans are in place.
• Manage relationships with external partners, industry associations and global vendors, including supply and logistics vendor relationships.
• Devise and drive a successful annual operating plan with clear objectives, strategies, quality standards, budgets, milestones and supporting initiatives.
• Develop a dashboard of metrics to inform daily, quarterly and annual decisions regarding business operations.
• Champions preventive maintenance, and reliability and cost-appropriate investment in maintenance, replacement and upgrade capital projects.
• Collaborates effectively across functions, such as Sales Department, Finance, Human Resources, and with other production facilities, as needed, to assure alignment.
• Build an industry leading organization through effective recruitment, retention, employee development and rewards/recognition strategies.
• Inspire, motivate and instill a sense of urgency in the organization (lead by example).
• Champions a behavioral based safety culture.
• Set ambitious production goals and communicate them to all key personnel.
• Develop innovative solutions and stay abreast of technology advances for the production facility.
• Apply crisis management planning in time of need keeping the organization running, mitigating damage and ensuring a focus towards success.
• Timely communicate any manufacturing issues or quality concerns to executive management.
• Develops operations leadership at the plant level for future growth and responsibility.
• Provide process and system analysis for on-going continuous improvement initiatives.
• 10+ years of extensive experience in leading high-performance operations/manufacturing teams
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience managing a production facility
• Managed an organization of 30+ employees with company revenues exceeding $50M
• Transformed a manufacturing company to Lean methods with proven results of increased quality, reduced cost and overall increase performance of the organization
• Ability to track, manage, and implement change initiatives
• Management of P&L (budgeting and forecasting)
• Experience establishing processes, KPIs, tracking and process mapping
• Experience in Capital planning & management
• Experience in B2B Customer Service and Delivery
• Logistics, freight and trucking knowledge
• Knowledge of Environmental and Safety practices
• Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills, in addition, to demonstrating superior presentation skills
• Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and manage time effectively
• Able to solve analytical problems and get to root cause
• Strong working knowledge of MS Office Suite and ERP systems required
• Demonstrated ability to identify, develop and lead talent through coaching, performance management, organization development, and talent development activities
• Strong integrity and ethics
• Six Sigma or Lean certification would be a plus
• Experience in Lumber Treating manufacturing is a plus
Benefits provided, upon eligibility:
- Medical, Dental and Vision
- 401(k) Plan
- Employee Common Share Purchase Plan
- Paid Vacation/Sick and Major Holidays
Must be able to perform job duties for eight (8) working hours plus per day, including outdoor work and being exposed to inclement weather conditions. May be required to pass a pre-employment drug screening, FBI and/or DOJ background check. Compensation will be based on experience. Oregon Cascade Building Materials, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.
Please submit your resume to Ted Greb at TedG@Oregoncascade.com.
Oregon Cascade Building Materials, Inc.
Junction City, OR