SUMMARY OF POSITION
The Specialist, IT Systems Administration supports desktop, server, and peripheral equipment and is responsible for leading the resolution of intermediate to advanced issues and requirements escalated from Tier 1 Technicians. He/she is also an integral team member in transitioning Orchid to the cloud (Azure, O365, etc.).
The Specialist, IT Systems Administration reports to the Manager of IT Network and Infrastructure.
This position may require travel to other sites.
KEY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
• Maintain reliability of existing IT infrastructure in all Orchid locations and remote users worldwide
• Support routine IT operations processes including daily backups
• Support desktop imaging and deployment
• Manage inventory and all IT related software & equipment
• Troubleshoot hardware and software issues in person, remotely and via phone
• Provide end-user support of printers, PC/laptops, and mobile devices
• Install, move, add, and change basic phone systems
• Provide Microsoft Windows Server support
• Set up workstations with computers and necessary peripheral devices (printers, scanners, etc.)
• Implement, document and manage the backup and restore of all systems.
• Use continuous improvement techniques to analyze and improve performance and processes
• Propose and pursue evolutionary improvements in overall infrastructure environment
• Support DevOps mindset and assist development team with improving release cycle times and migration to cloud hosting
• Provide regular updates on project implementation and issue status
• Assist with Orchid’s infrastructure roadmap including migrations to Office 365 and Azure
• Provide after-hours production support as required
• Support quality and compliance by complying with all Quality Management Systems (QMS) documentation requirements.
• Office 365 and Azure experience highly desirable
• Windows 7, 10, Microsoft Office, and Windows Server Administration experience required
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
• Understanding of IP addressing basics (including DNS and DHCP)
• Ability to prioritize multiple priorities/projects concurrently to ensure goals are achieved
• Ability to determine and utilize appropriate communication channels
• Ability to apply logic and reasoning to solve problems, including identifying strengths/weaknesses, locating alternative solutions and conclusions, and approaches to problems; and making high-quality, timely decisions
EDUCATION AND CERTIFICATION
• Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology preferred
• A+, MCSA, MCSE, etc. certifications preferred
ABOUT OUR VALUES AND LEADERSHIP COMPETENCIES
As a member of our team, leading from our values is foundational.
Integrity First: We Do the Right Thing
Teamwork: We Are All Connected
Relentless Pursuit: We Are Driven & Curious
• Ability to lift and carry equipment up to 60 pounds
• Candidates offered employment must submit to a pre-employment background check and pre-employment drug test
• Candidates must be able to provide proof of eligibility to work in the United States through eVerify
EOE, including disability/vets.
Orchid Orthopedic Solutions is a worldwide leader of orthopedic medical device outsourcing, providing contract design and manufacturing services to the medical device market. We have the broadest portfolio in the industry, including design and development casting, forging, machining, finishing, coating and packaging capabilities. Specializing in joint reconstruction, spine, trauma, extremities and dental markets, we are a strategic sourcing partner that can handle an entire project or provide services at a single point in the process.
With 13 world-class facilities and approximately 2,000 team members located around the globe, Orchid provides an opportunity for people to live a better life by enabling them to be active longer through our products and services. That is why we do what we do at Orchid! A longer active life is our purpose.
Additional information on the company can be found at www.orchid-ortho.com.