SUMMARY OF POSITION
Responsible for assigned inspection, measuring, and data collection functions Orchid Orthopedic Solutions. The Quality Control Inspector must apply the methods and procedures prescribed in the Quality System. The incumbent must be a quick-thinking, self-motivated and detailed orientated individual with knowledge of inspection equipment and techniques. Must be able to generate and maintain data for the control of documentation, effectively report information, and accurately respond to questions from production employees, internal suppliers, and customers.
- Documentation: Assure compliance to Orchid requirements in inspection and record keeping. Collect inspection data and report results.
- Maintain accurate documentation at all times during the manufacturing and inspection process, ensuring Good Manufacturing Practices
- Perform complete Device History Record review including inspection documentation
- Assure all raw materials received meet specifications.
- Variables measurement: Able to use hand held inspection tools, such as:
- Micrometer, caliper, height gages, and optical comparator.
- Gauging of parts: Conduct physical inspection of product with gauging such as:
- Thread gages, plug gages, pin gages, functional gages.
- Visual Inspection: Perform visual and cosmetic inspection of product using appropriate light sources and customer and/ or internal standards.
- Requires a high degree of detail and attention.
- Communication: Communicate nonconformance to Quality Engineering and Quality Management.
- Maintain good working relationships with other employees.
- Demonstrate an understanding of basic manufacturing flows.
- Perform other duties as required or directed by the Department Supervisor or Lead.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- High school diploma preferred
- No prior work experience as a Quality Inspector required.
- Preferred candidates should have one or more years’ experience in a manufacturing facility, a good knowledge of inspection techniques in the machining industry, and previous experience applying inspection instructions are preferred.
SKILLS & ABILITIES REQUIRED
- High degree of general craftsmanship and work ethic
- Ability to operate independently with excellent time management skills
- Ability to adapt to fast pace multi-changing work environment
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints, manufacturing prints and specification requirements on an intermediate level
- Should have some experience with various measurement instruments
- Excellent attention to detail
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must have working knowledge of basic math related skills
- Must feel comfortable using a computer, including MS Office skills, email, and imputing data into Orchid’s production management database for product tracking
- Must be available to work weekends and all required overtime.
- Must occasionally lift and/or move up to 30 pounds.
- Corrected vision of 20/20 (with eyeglasses or contact lenses) and normal color vision
- Able to work in a fast-paced quality–oriented environment.
- Use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) as determined for the position.
- Must submit to and pass background and substance abuse tests.
- Must be able to provide proof of eligibility to work in the United States through eVerify.
- Must adhere to the Company Code of Conduct and Core Values.
- Must follow designated safety rules and regulations.
- Must be able to fulfill all the requirements of this position, including requirements related to the company’s Safety, Quality and Environmental Management System Policies and procedures.
EOE, including disability/vets.