SUMMARY OF POSITION
Under general direction, performs diversified duties to create a production plan, develop schedules and execute customer shipments to ensure maximum customer satisfaction in accordance with established policies and procedures.
The Planner/Scheduler reports to the General Manager within the Holt, MI Manufacturing plant.
• Run the scheduling engine in Made to Manage; assure all sales order demand is captured correctly and all job orders are created correctly
• Release job orders to production
• Review customer forecasts and upload into scheduling engine
• Download scheduling data to Excel to review capacity and establish lead times
• Review load in each value stream on capacity spreadsheet; balance load where needed
• Develop and manage sales and operations planning process (S&OP)
• Set weekly/monthly plan for each value stream
• Review and update capacity models as needed
• Routinely review material availability to ensure that customer deliveries are on schedule
• Maintain inventory levels in accordance with established policies
• Lead quality and compliance by utilizing One Orchid global processes and complying with all Quality Management Systems (QMS) documentation requirements and establishing/supporting plan(s) to meet/exceed Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) for Quality that support Safety, Compliance, Six Sigma Quality, On-Time Delivery (OTD) and financial objectives.
• Work with customers to establish stocking agreements and economical order quantities
• May be required to perform additional duties as assigned by management
• Minimum 1 years’ experience in a supply chain/materials function
Education and Certification
• Bachelor’s degree in a business, technical or related field required.
• 2+ Years’ experience in a supply chain/material function
• American Production and Inventory Control Society (APICS) certified, or equivalent combination of education and experience
• Experience in an Oliver Wight “Class A” company
• Medical manufacturing industry experience
SKILLS & ABILITIES REQUIRED
• Ability to apply logic and reasoning to solve problems, including identifying strengths/weaknesses, locating alternative solutions and conclusions, and approaches to problems; and making high-quality, timely decisions
• Knowledge of MRP, MRP 2 and ERP systems
• Proficient with MS Office
• Working knowledge of TOC and Lean concepts and strategies
• Advanced experience using Excel for spreadsheets, charting, and data analysis
• Excellent organization and planning skills
• Excellent analytical skills
• Excellent verbal and written communications skills
• Ability to function as part of a team and work with others
ABOUT OUR VALUES
As a member of our team, leading from our values is foundational.
Integrity First: We Do the Right Thing
Teamwork: We Are All Connected
Relentless Pursuit: We Are Driven & Curious