SUMMARY OF POSITION
The Operations Technician, Shipping, is responsible for packaging parts according to customer specifications.
The Operations Technician, Shipping, reports to Production Supervisor, Manufacturing Operations Leadership in Orchid Bridgeport.
KEY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
· Package and ship product to customers according to Customer Requirement Sheet.
· Operate small or large bagger.
· Perform hand seal function.
· Wrap and package all parts for shipment and ensure proper paperwork is attached/enclosed.
· Perform functions in the "Made 2 Manage" MRP system such as receipt of product/materials and placing product in finished goods.
· Perform weekly housekeeping per 6S schedule.
· May move parts to and from finished goods.
· Lead quality and compliance by utilizing One Orchid global processes and complying with all Quality Management Systems (QMS) documentation requirements and establishing/supporting plan(s) to meet/exceed Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) for Quality that support Safety, Compliance, Six Sigma Quality, On-Time Delivery (OTD) and financial objectives.
· Perform other duties as required or directed by the Department Supervisor or Lead.
· Previous shipping or manufacturing experience preferred
· Knowledge of GMP/QSR and ISO standards beneficial
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
· Must be detailed orientated & organized.
· May need to possess basic computer operation skills, Microsoft Office programs and Made2Manage.
· Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide
· Ability to apply logic and reasoning to solve problems, including identifying strengths/weaknesses, locating alternative solutions and conclusions, and approaches to problems; and making high-quality, timely decisions
· Corrected vision of 20/20, preferred.
· Lifting up to 40 lbs unassisted
· Use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) as determined for the position.
EDUCATION AND CERTIFICATION
· High School diploma or equivalent
ABOUT OUR VALUES
As a member of our team, leading from our values is foundational.
Integrity First: We Do the Right Thing Teamwork: We Are All Connected Relentless Pursuit: We Are Driven & Curious
· Ability to lift and carry equipment/parts up to 20 pounds unassisted
· Must be able to stand for long periods of time
· Requires frequent use of hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls
· Requires frequent use of arms and hands to reach and grab
· Requires talking and hearing
· Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus
· Requires regular and recurrent attendance
· Candidates offered employment must submit to a pre-employment background check and pre- employment drug test
· Candidates must be able to provide proof of eligibility to work in the United States through eVerify
Disclaimer: This Job Description is only a summary of the typical functions of the job, not an exhaustive or comprehensive list of all possible responsibilities, tasks, and duties, and does not limit the assignment of additional duties for this position.
EOE, including disability/vets