SUMMARY OF POSITION
The Operations Technician will support various areas of the facility as needed. This may include: operating and tending machines, including lathes, mills and injection molding machines, along with supporting post-processing of plastic parts.
The Operations Technician reports to the Supervisor, Operations.
KEY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
- Position, secure and align cutting tools in tool-holders on machines using hand tools and verify their positions with measuring instruments
- Accurately document measured results and production information
- Read and interpret blue prints
- Maintain and clean and safe work area following 6S practices
- Cosmetically inspect parts for defects
- Start machines and observe operations to ensure that specifications are met
- Handle stock or work pieces and position and secure them in machines, using vices, jaws and other hand tools
- Perform in-process inspection of parts to verify conformance with specifications, using instruments such as gauges, micrometers, and dial indicators
- Record measurements using legible handwriting and good documentation practices
- Support quality and compliance by utilizing One Orchid global processes and complying with all Quality Management Systems (QMS) documentation requirements and establishing/supporting plan(s) to meet/exceed Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) for Quality that support Safety, Compliance, Six Sigma Quality, On-Time Delivery (OTD) and financial objectives.
- 1 year previous manufacturing experience preferred
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Intermediate to advanced computer skills
- Ability to use hand measuring tools preferred
- Ability to read blueprints & interpret GD&T preferred
- Ability to apply logic and reasoning to solve problems, including identifying strengths/weaknesses, locating alternative solutions and conclusions, and approaches to problems; and making high-quality, timely decisions
EDUCATION AND CERTIFICATION
- High School Diploma or equivalent
ABOUT OUR VALUES AND LEADERSHIP COMPETENCIES
As a member of our team, leading from our values is foundational.
Integrity First: We Do the Right Thing Teamwork: We Are All Connected Relentless Pursuit: We Are Driven & Curious
- Ability to lift and carry equipment up to 60 pounds
- Willing and able to work long hours including overtime as required
- Candidates offered employment must submit to a pre-employment background check and pre- employment drug test
- Candidates must be able to provide proof of eligibility to work in the United States through eVerify
Disclaimer: This Job Description is only a summary of the typical functions of the job, not an exhaustive or comprehensive list of all possible responsibilities, tasks, and duties, and does not limit the assignment of additional duties for this position.
EOE, including disability/vets