WHAT YOU’LL DO
As a member of our team, you will make sure that orthopedic implants such as hip stems and cups are safe by preparing and inspecting parts as they are coated with material that protects how the part works and the people who need the part to live a longer, more active life.
In this job you will inspect parts as they come to your area using measurement devices, mask parts, free-blast parts, and inspect again! This position requires completing documentation and an attention to safety and quality.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
This position does not require previous experience, we will train you! We are looking for people who:
· Enjoy complex, fine detail, and repetitive work
· Read and write English
· Work well under time-pressure
· Can do simple math calculations
· Desire to learn manufacturing equipment and processes
· A high school diploma or GED is required for this position.
· Previous experience working in a manufacturing environment, especially in an FDA regulated environment is preferred.
WHAT WE OFFER
Comprehensive benefit package including:
· Health insurance with medical, dental & vision options
· Paid holidays and vacation
· 401(k) employer match
· Short term disability, long term disability, and life insurance
· Employee Assistance Program, including free counseling sessions
· Tuition Reimbursement
· Training and development
· Value-based culture focused on helping people live a longer, more active life
· Opportunity to grow with our company in your career
• Constantly exposed to elements common in manufacturing environments
• Occasionally moves materials up to 50 pounds
• Constantly applies and remove tape from parts with tight tolerances
• Constantly uses sharp implements such as surgical scalpels, scissors, etc.
• Constantly visually inspect parts
• Constantly uses required Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
• Willing and able to work long hours including overtime as required.
EEO, including disability/vets
Orchid Orthopedic Solutions is a worldwide leader of orthopedic medical device outsourcing, providing contract design and manufacturing services to the medical device market. We have the broadest portfolio in the industry, including design and development casting, forging, machining, finishing, coating and packaging capabilities. Specializing in joint reconstruction, spine, trauma, extremities and dental markets, we are a strategic sourcing partner that can handle an entire project or provide services at a single point in the process.
With 13 world-class facilities and approximately 2,000 team members located around the globe, Orchid provides an opportunity for people to live a better life by enabling them to be active longer through our products and services. That is why we do what we do at Orchid! A longer active life is our purpose.
Additional information on the company can be found at www.orchid-ortho.com.