SUMMARY OF POSITION
Primarily responsible for performing metal finishing operations and processes for the product according to established specifications. The metal finishing operations and processes include the following functions.
• Belting/Polishing - uses conventional polishing and belting lathes for the specific belting and/or polishing operations based on the information on engineering drawings, ex. Fiber- wheel finish and/or Satin finish. (Product knowledge required).
• Buffing – uses conventional buffing/polishing lathes along with appropriate buffing materials (wheels, compound and machine speed) to acquire specified finishes called-out on engineering drawings.
• Die grinding - uses air and/or electric hand held tools for specific grinding, flapping or detailing an area on a part that is usually confined or the inside diameter of a cylindrical part.
• Blasting – determines proper media to be used based on the information taken from the engineering drawings and/or the work instructions and the proper machine and machine settings.
• Tumbling - uses centrifugal and vibratory equipment to perform mass finishing operations and must have the knowledge to select the appropriate media, compound and water flow to achieve the necessary finish required.
• Complies with all ISO, GMP, FDA and safety guidelines and procedures.
• Properly fills out and completes paperwork and labor reporting transactions.
• Maintains cleanliness of the work area and leaves the work area in clean condition for others when finished.
• Performs primary job function with little or no direct assistance.
• Promotes a proactive, cooperative attitude towards issues of environment, health, and safety.
• Responsible for following all applicable work instructions that relate to process requirements and requirements for specific part numbers.
• Perform other duties as required or directed by the Department Supervisor or Lead.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• High school diploma or GED preferred
• One (1) year related work experience in a high volume manufacturing operation; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Prior experience in a medical manufacturing environment is highly preferred
SKILLS & ABILITIES REQUIRED
• Knowledge of GD&T; complete knowledge of G codes.
• Must possess basic understanding of interpreting dimensional call-outs, and finish specifications on prints.
• Must have the ability to determine the necessary finishing requirements based on information from the engineering drawings, also must select the proper belts or wheels for finishing, inspecting the parts periodically to make sure all dimensions are maintained per specifications on engineering drawings.
• Must possess good hand and eye coordination and the ability to control the activities that are performed by using manual hand finishing equipment/processes.
• Must have the ability to determine and produce an acceptable level of quality on all components and maintain part integrity and have the knowledge to determine the appropriate method of finishing devices as specified on engineering drawings.
• Candidate must have the ability to be cross-functional and multi-tasked in the department.
• Quality focused, self-starter, must be willing to work as a team with other co-workers.
• Data entry skills and good basic math skills.
• Good time management skills and strong attention to detail and accuracy.
• Requires familiarity with part numbers, lot numbers and inventory control practices.
• Detail oriented and able to lift and / or move a minimum 50 lbs. 8 hours per day; pushing or pulling 50+ lbs. 8 hours per day.
• Work all required overtime.
• Required frequently to stand; walk; and use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls.
• Required occasionally to reach with hands and arms.
• Must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
• Corrected vision of 20/20, preferred.
• Able to work in a fast-paced quality –oriented environment.
• Use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) as determined for the position.
• Must submit to and pass background and substance abuse tests.
• Must be able to provide proof of eligibility to work in the United States through eVerify.
• Must adhere to the Company Code of Conduct and Core Values.
• Must follow designated safety rules and regulations.
• Must be able to fulfill all the requirements of this position, including requirements related to the company’s Safety, Quality and Environmental Management System Policies and procedures.
EOE, including disability/vets.