WHAT YOU’LL DO
This is a unique opportunity to be a part of the first group of Early-Career Acceleration Program (E-CAP) Engineers at Orchid. This program is designed to build off knowledge gained at the university level and apply it to real world situations where you can make a difference in the manufacturing process and more importantly, in helping people live a longer, more active life.
The program is custom designed to provide you with the knowledge, skills, and abilities to be a successful Engineer focusing on one of Orchid’s core capabilities such as Machining, Forming, or Coating. Not only will you exit the program with a core focus, you will also gain a comprehensive view of Orchid’s business model and the medical device manufacturing industry.
You will participate in rotational experiential assignments. Example assignments include:
- Quality Engineering such as conducting Gage R&R studies, process capability studies and control plans
- Manufacturing Engineering such as root cause analysis, design of experiments, lean process improvement, and engineering change orders
- Operations such as operating machines to produce parts or production supervision
- Automation Engineering such as creating test programs and designing end of arm tooling
- Marking and CNC Programming such as designing fixturing, creating programs for small scale CNC, testing cutting tools, and creating programs for marking parts
- And more!
You will also participate in E-CAP program elements including:
- Regular meetings with your mentor
- Technical and leadership training events
- Recruiting activities
- Performance and development reviews
- Social events with other E-CAP participants
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
Education and Certification
- Graduated with a Bachelor’s degree or Master’s degree in an Engineering discipline in the past 12 months
- Ability to work on-site and travel to one or more sites within the state of your assigned facility
- Working in a manufacturing environment
- Working in medical devices
- 3D modeling using tools such as SolidWorks
- Leading a team
- Leading technical projects
Education and Certification
- Degree in Mechanical, Biomedical, Industrial, Packaging, or Materials Engineering
- 3.5 or higher GPA
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Passion for continuous improvement and injecting best practices into existing processes, systems, and tools
- Desire to progress into Technical or Business leadership paths at Orchid
- Desire and willingness to learn Orchid’s business
- Ability to role model Orchid’s Values and be a spokesperson for Orchid’s mission and vision. Our Values are:
- Integrity: We do the right thing
- Teamwork: We are all connected
- Results: We are driven
- Ability to apply logic and reasoning to solve problems, including identifying strengths/weaknesses, locating alternative solutions and conclusions, and approaches to problems; and making high-quality, timely decisions
- Knowledge of and ability to research, identify, and apply formal disciplines and best practices.
- Knowledge of effective communication concepts, tools, and techniques
- Knowledge of the necessity and value of accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to apply lessons learned to future applications
- Knowledge of and the ability to use the tools, techniques, relevant statistical principles, and methods required to perform statistical analysis and measurement
- Ability to apply advanced mathematical concepts and operations (such as exponents, logarithms, quadratic equations, permutations, frequency distribution, determination of test reliability and validity, analysis of variance, correlation techniques, sampling theory and factor analysis) to tasks
- Candidates offered employment must submit to a pre-employment background check and pre-employment drug test
- Candidates must be able to provide proof of eligibility to work in the United States through eVerify
WHAT WE OFFER
At the conclusion of the program you will be eligible to apply to a role at one of our sites. Here’s some more on what we offer:
- Comprehensive benefit package including:
- Health insurance including medical, dental & vision
- Paid holidays and vacation
- 401(k) employer match
- Short term disability, long term disability, and life insurance
- Employee Assistance Program, including free counseling sessions
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Training and development
- Value-based culture with engaged employees focused on satisfying the needs of our customers
- Growing company with promotional opportunities
NOTE ON COVID-19
We are excited to offer this development opportunity, especially during a time when so many are displaced from work. That said, we strive to keep our employees and communities safe every day which requires modifications to some elements of this program such as assignments outside of your “home base”, external training, or in-person social gatherings with your cohort.
EOE, including disability/vets.
Orchid Orthopedic Solutions is a worldwide leader of orthopedic medical device outsourcing, providing contract design and manufacturing services to the medical device market. We have the broadest portfolio in the industry, including design and development casting, forging, machining, finishing, coating and packaging capabilities. Specializing in joint reconstruction, spine, trauma, extremities and dental markets, we are a strategic sourcing partner that can handle an entire project or provide services at a single point in the process.
With 13 world-class facilities and approximately 2,000 team members located around the globe, Orchid provides an opportunity for people to live a better life by enabling them to be active longer through our products and services. That is why we do what we do at Orchid! A longer active life is our purpose.
Additional information on the company can be found at www.orchid-ortho.com.