Orchid Orthopedic Solutions is a worldwide leader of orthopedic medical device outsourcing, providing contract design and manufacturing services to the medical device market. We have the broadest portfolio in the industry, including design and development casting, forging, machining, finishing, coating and packaging capabilities. Specializing in joint reconstruction, spine, trauma, extremities and dental markets, we are a strategic sourcing partner that can handle an entire project or provide services at a single point in the process.
With 13 world-class facilities and approximately 2,000 team members located around the globe, Orchid provides an opportunity for people to live a better life by enabling them to be active longer through our products and services. That is why we do what we do at Orchid! A longer active life is our purpose.
Additional information on the company can be found at www.orchid-ortho.com.
Orchid is seeking an experienced manufacturing leader who will play an integral part in our Chelsea, MI facility's growth.
The Manager, Operations, leads all 1st shift operations as well as the milling & molding areas directly. Reporting to this position is a Supervisor, Operations, Lathes & Automated Mills and 2 team leaders over the milling and molding areas. He/she is responsible for executing manufacturing, customer satisfaction, productivity, and talent strategies aligned with our global standard.
The Manager, Operations reports to the Senior Manager, Operations.
WHAT WE OFFER EMPLOYEES:
As a member of Orchid's team, you provide an opportunity for people to live a better life by enabling them to be active longer through our products and services. You will be a part of a team that Does The Right Thing, is Connected, and is Driven And Curious. (For more information on our purpose and core values, see our website: http://www.orchid-ortho.com/our-purpose).
We also provide a comprehensive benefit package for full-time employees including health insurance (medical, dental, and vision), paid holidays and vacation, 401(k) employer match, tuition reimbursement, training and development, and promotional opportunities.
WE ARE LOOKING FOR INDIVIDUALS WITH THE FOLLOWING:
- Bachelor's degree required in business, manufacturing, or engineering
- 8+ years of experience in a manufacturing environment
- 5+ years of experience leading a team of 20 or more
- Master's degree in business, manufacturing, or engineering
- Cross-functional experience, experience working in and across more than one function - e.g. manufacturing, supply chain, finance, program/project management
- Exposure to integrated business planning (Sales & Operations Planning process), quality system deployment, and lean manufacturing in an industrial setting
- Business Acumen: Ability to develop long and short-term strategic plans and manage plans effectively in a complex manufacturing environment . Ability to think horizontally (wide) and vertically (deep).
- Influence: Knowledge of effective influencing tactics and strategies; ability to impact decisions within and outside own organization from all levels of employees to customers.
- Talent Management and Creating a Sustainable Positive Business Culture : Ability to ensure qualified and capable talent is in place to support organizational goals and Core Values; ability to lead and develop talent in a positive business culture - one in which our talent remains Orchid-represented .
- Communication: Understanding of effective verbal, written, and presentation concepts, tools and techniques; ability to effectively transmit, actively listen, and accurately interpret ideas, information, and needs through the application of appropriate communication behaviors across various types of audiences. Ability to discern and appropriately communicate sensitive issues and coach others on how and when to communicate .
- Leading From Our Values and Leadership Competencies: A Change Leader and Collaborative Team Member.
- Ability to apply logic and reasoning to solve problems, including identifying strengths/weaknesses, locating alternative solutions and conclusions, and approaches to problems; and making high-quality, timely decisions
- Ability to set expectations, coach team members, and hold them accountable to achieve expected outcomes
- Provides direction to employees directly engaged in shop-floor processes or operations. Ensures that the process/area maintains operations by managing employee performance and absences.
- Supervises work activities and resourcing for manufacturing products in accordance with cost, quality, and quantity specifications.
- Manages production budget to adhere to overtime, labor, and materials requirements.
- Utilizes knowledge of continuous improvement concepts to improve plant efficiency and productivity. Uses A3 process.
- Recommends measures to improve production methods, worker performance, quality and delivery of product.
- Reports department metrics daily on Gemba walk; prepares report for daily Gemba; participates in Gemba walks.
- Lead and develop team members following the One Orchid global talent management approach to select, manage, and develop our best team. Ensure the growth of our positive business culture through behaviors that align with our core values and leadership competencies.
- Ensure team members have the required knowledge and skills prior to performing job duties independently, including conducting, documenting and evaluating training effectiveness.
- Support quality and compliance by utilizing One Orchid global processes and complying with all Quality Management Systems (QMS) documentation requirements and establishing/supporting plan(s) to meet/exceed Key Performance Indicators (KPls) for Quality that support Safety, Compliance, Six Sigma Quality, On-Time Delivery (OTD) and financial objectives.
- Candidates offered employment must submit to a pre-employment background check and pre-employment drug test
- Candidates must be able to provide proof of eligibility to work in the United States through eVerify
Position: Manager, Operations, 1st ShiftExperience leader needed in the Ann Arbor area
Company: Orchid Orthopedics Solutions
Job Location(s): Chelsea, MI
Employment Term: Regular
Employment Type: Full Time
Work Hours (i.e. shift): 1st Shift
Starting Salary Range: Not Provided
Required Education: Bachelor's Degree
Required Experience: 8 to 20+ years
Required Security Clearance: None
Related Categories: Management and Supervision, Production - Management