BHC Referral/Program Specialist
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Seeking a BHC Referral/Program Specialist to Join Our Team - Great Work Environment and Pay!
The Behavioral Health Clinician Referral and Program Specialist is one of the most important roles at Orchid Health. The BHC Referral and Program Specialist receives and documents patient referrals, follows Orchid Health’s referral process for all behavioral health services and provides program support to the BHC team. Working with the patient/family, Behavioral Health Specialists, and Clinic Healthcare Team, the BHC Referral and Program Specialist coordinates the BHC provider schedules, all patient referrals at the request of the providers, obtain/review pre-authorization/pre-certification, and coordinate communications with physician offices, companies, third-party payers and case managers; documenting appropriately within the medical record. The BHC Referral and Program Specialist provides administrative support to the BHC Program Manager.
NOTE - We are looking for candidates who live in or near Portland or Eugene Oregon.
- Partners with the patient and BHC team to support care coordination for all BHC services and outside referrals.
- Coordinates with patients for external referrals, BHC resources, and collaboration of care.
- Ensure internally appropriate appointments and follow-up appointments in the clinic following referral requests/visits.
- Ensure documentation from specialist/office is obtained, filed in the chart and forwarded to companies/payers as appropriate.
- Provide administrative support for the BHC Program Manager including scheduling meetings, meeting note taking, or other tasks as assigned.
- Support liaison between Orchid BHC team and school-based health services.
- Initiate all referral requests within 24-72 hours on business days.
- Assist BHC providers with managing their schedules, coordinating groups, and supporting daily scheduling needs.
- Support the BHC department through collaboration with the clinic teams, providers, and Orchid business specialist team members.
- Return all calls promptly generally within the same day.
- Document all stages of the referral process within the EMR program (Athena) and communicate to the appropriate people regarding injury cases.
- Request any missing documentation from providers, once received and signed off by the medical director, scan appropriate information into the EMR program (Athena).
- Gather pertinent information from insurance carriers, financial counselors, and other ancillary staff to make certain the patient is not financially obligated for services provided.
- Ensures that all BHC providers (including PMHNP) schedules are accurate, full, and ensures that patients are scheduled for appropriate follow-up appointments.
- Use the EHR (Athena) to monitor referral orders and document all referral activities in the EHR.
- Complete appropriate referral forms.
- Consult with providers regarding specific diagnosis information, as it relates to the referral.
- Comply with federal, state and local regulations regarding patient confidentiality and HIPAA.
- Ensure that the patient's primary care chart is up to date with information on specialist consults, hospitalizations, ER visits and community organization related to their health.
- Perform other job-related duties, as may be assigned
- High school diploma or GED certificate.
- Minimum of 1 year relevant healthcare experience
- Proficient at Excel, Word, and Outlook.
- Excellent communication and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, empathy and tact, when dealing with insurance companies, patients and other health care facilities.
- Able to assume the responsibilities delegated by Supervisor, to provide efficient and effective coordination of care.
- Willing to adapt to changing situations and circumstances.
Nice to Haves:
- Bilingual in Spanish.
- Previous behavioral health experience.
- Trauma Informed Care Training
- Athena experience.
- Knowledge of medical terminology
- $20.00 - $22.00/ hour depending on experience, and skills
- Medical/Dental/Vision // Orchid pays 100% employee and 50% dependent monthly premiums for medical and dental.
- Yearly Employee Wellness Benefit.
- John Hancock 401k with Orchid match.
- All employees have a Continuing Education / Continuing Medical Education budget.
- Annually Front Loaded 120 hours PTO and 8 paid holidays plus your Birthday.
- Eligibility first of the month following 30 days of employment.
- And more!
This job will be a work from home remote position. This role routinely uses standard office equipment, such as computers, phones, and e-fax. If the employee does not have a home office equipment set-up, minus the computer that is provided, Orchid will have an allowance for office furniture (desk, chair).
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee is
Frequently required to sit for extended periods of time.
It is the policy of Orchid Health to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age,
color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public
assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Orchid
Health will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
Employment Offer Contingences
Job Offer is contingent upon the successful completion of a background check, as well as a successful completion of a drug screening.
COVID-19 Disclosure: All applicants selected for employment must either submit proof of vaccination or have submitted to the organization a certified medical or religious exemption from the vaccination requirement prior to their first day of work, per state requirements.
Powered by JazzHR
AddressLake Oswego, OR
Get fresh Remote Program Specialist jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.