POSITION: Executive Director
TITLE OF IMMEDIATE SUPERVISOR: Principal / Founder
The Executive Director is responsible for the efficient operations and overall management and direction of the day-to-day functions of Orchard in accordance with property policies and procedures, values and best practices, and state regulations. They will hire, mentor, evaluate, coordinate, monitor performance, schedule and supervise staff in accordance with company policy and utilize empowerment strategies in their leadership position. The Executive Director is also responsible for achieving and maintaining budgeted occupancy; achieving and maintaining budgetary compliance; professionally representing the property; and creating a supportive and meaningful lifestyle for the residents.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
- Must be 21 years of age or older.
- High school diploma or GED; and minimum four (4) years of experience working in a personal care, health or aging related setting;
- Minimum two (2) years of experience in a leadership or supervisory position; or Associates degree from an accredited college or university; and two (2) years of experience in a personal care health or aging related setting; including one (1) year in a leadership or supervisory position; or Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university plus one (1) year experience in a health or aging related setting; or a state specific training for an assisted living facility administrator where the curriculum addresses in detail the knowledge and skills necessary to manage a nursing home of an assisted living facility.
- Must successfully clear a background check, TB skin test or x-ray, and health screening
- Current CPR certification
- Must have a valid driver's license
- Current certificate of training for successful completion of the five (5) hour initial fire safety training provided by the Rules and Regulations of the Georgia Safety Fire Commissioner
PRINCIPLE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Directs and coordinates activities of life enrichment program planning and implementation, concierge operations, culinary operations, interior and exterior integrity of the building, marketing efforts, and nursing and health care services
- Maintains census and prepares competitive analysis reports
- Completes P&L reports by monthly deadline
- Creates Annual Budget by October 31st
- Works in collaboration with all disciplinary team members to coordinate every aspect of resident care
- Direct hiring, scheduling, and training of personnel and ensures managers are familiar with and adhere to state regulatory standards
- Maintains continued education requirements for all staff (including self), as required by professional licensure and state regulations
- Develops, monitors, and participates in the Manager on Duty (MOD) rotation
- Maintains accurate resident charts and state required documentation and is prepared for state survey and health inspections at all times
- Ensures Plan of Correction is properly completed, corrected, and returned in a timely manner and within identified time frame
- Completes all incident report investigations and reports findings according to state regulations and company policies
- Monitors and communicates landscaping, property maintenance, capital improvement, and kitchen needs on an on-going basis
- Manages petty cash funds and ensures all managers work within established budgets
- Coordinates complete move-in process for all new residents
- Addresses all issues and/or concerns of residents' family members and ensures prompt resolutions for overall family satisfaction
- Maintains contact with family and resident when hospitalized either by phone, email or in person
- Ensures at least one department head completes an in person visit for residents hospitalized longer than 5 days
- Responsible for overall safety of residents and the facility
- Maintains high staff morale and fosters a supportive work environment
- Must interact with front line employees, residents and their families at least on weekly basis
- Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints, and resolving problems
- Budgetary responsibilities include reviewing financial and budget transactions, assisting with budget development, and budgetary control- Must provide reports for all overtime
- Must conduct monthly satisfaction surveys for all residents and/or families
- Responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of all community operations
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Works with integrity; upholds organizational values
- Delegates work assignments; matches the responsibility to the person; gives authority to work independently; sets expectations and monitors delegated activities; provides recognition for results
- Exhibits confidence in self and others; inspires and motivates others to perform well; effectively influences actions and opinions of others; gives appropriate recognition
- Develops workable implementation plans; builds commitment and overcomes resistance; prepares and supports those affected; monitors and evaluates results
- Understands business implications of decisions; demonstrates knowledge of market and competition; aligns work with strategic goals and profitability
- Works within approved budget; develops and implements cost saving measures; contributes to profits and revenue; conserves organizational resources
- Develops strategies to achieve goals; understands organizations strengths & weaknesses; analyzes market and competition; adapts strategy to changes
- Adheres to all Orchard policies and procedures
- Maintains absolute confidentiality of all information pertaining to residents, families, and staff and adhere to all HIPAA rules
- Displays a positive and professional image and attitude in all relationships with residents, families, peers and in the community- Outlined in detail in the employee handbook
- Maintains positive communication and team collaboration
- Serves as an ambassador for Orchard at all times
- Demonstrates ongoing responsibility for self-education
- Maintains resident and personal safety regarding occupational health and safety
- Attends regularly scheduled department meetings
- Responsible for maintaining all continuing education and training requirements for position
- Attends and participates in onsite training and continuing education as required
- Participates in safety program, as requested
- Cooperates to investigate employee injuries.
- Promotes and support safety awareness and implement safety operations
- Encourages staff to make suggestions on safety practices
- Participates in regularly scheduled meetings with department directors and associates
- Participates in orientation of new employees
- Participates in volunteer orientations, training and education as requested
- Maintains appropriate communication with the owner
- Remains updated and communicates state regulation changes to all associates
- Ensures compliance with all state and federal regulations (i.e. OSHA)
- Participates in the risk management programs
- Demonstrates the ability to be innovative and creative and have patience, high energy and resourcefulness in problem solving
- Must always be accessible either by phone or email- Voice messages and emails are responded to within 24 hours
- Participates in the Manager on Duty (MOD) call rotation
- Ability to work evenings, weekends and flexible hours when necessary to meet the needs of our residents
- Follows Professional Dress Code policies as outlined in the employee handbook for community and department specific standards
- Only when necessary, uses cell phone solely for conducting Orchard business in common areas of the community; otherwise follows Orchard Phone Policy.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
All employees are expected to uphold the Orchard F-A-M-I-L-Y mission and vision.
Love, Joy, Peace, Patience, Kindness, Gentleness, and Self-Control
These are the fruits of the spirit you can expect from the Orchard F-A-M-I-L-Y values and best practices.
All are welcomed with an authentic and inviting experience into the beautiful, well organized, and relaxing home we share.
Accountability and Integrity
We value the ability of our team to be reliable, personally responsible, and to honor their commitment to residents, families, leadership and one another. Accountability involves a process of seeing the need, owning the next step, and staying solution focused.
When it comes to creating a life worth living, each person has unique and individual needs. We are dedicated to creating purpose and wellbeing through connection with our team, local affiliates and organizations, and previous community relationships whenever possible.
Information and Communication
We believe knowledge is power and communication is the lifeline to effective collaboration.
Learning and Leading
Curiosity, willingness, and personal action create the professional path to achieving the orchard FAMILY of excellence.
Yes "we can" Attitude
With a can-do character we are committed to creative solution focused problem solving.
ADA Requirements (essential functions)
More than 25 lbs, routinely
More than 50 lbs, occasionally
150 lb. or greater resident weight
1 - 3 hours/day
4 - 5 hour/day
2 - 4 hours/day
Bend, stoop, squat, and/or twist
Repeatedly throughout day
Repeatedly throughout day
0.5 hour/day arms shoulder level
Use of telephone
3 - 4 hours/day
Working under pressure
3 4 hours/day
Working rapidly for long periods
2 - 3 hours/day
Use of keyboard/computer, printer, fax, copier
4 5 hours/day
Position requires close work; finger dexterity; adequate hearing and vision (with or without correction).
May occasionally work longer than 8 hours/day.
Cognitive or Mental Requirements
The following cognitive or mental requirements are necessary on a daily basis:
- Critical thinking
- Drawing conclusions from written or computer-generated materials
- Analyzing data or report information
- Creating methodologies for accomplishing a goal
- Conducting research
- Implementing recommendations by coordinating persons and/or other resources
- Developing plans, procedures, goals, strategies, or processes
- Clear verbal articulation of the English language
- Possible exposure to communicable diseases
- Skin contact with solvents or other chemicals such as alcohol, acetone, detergents, bleach, and latex gloves
- Exposure to medical equipment with the risk of lacerations or punctures
This job description is only a summary and is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required by the employee. This document is subject to change at any time.
Orchard at BrookhavenAtlanta, GA
How can the hiring manager reach you?
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.