Please read job description and qualifications section carefully prior to submitting resume. . .
We are a well-equipped, busy small animal practice located in Gilroy. We are looking for the proper individual to join our team. License and/or clinical experience preferred.
· Self-motivated, positive, mature attitude
· Compassion towards animals and the people that own them
· Ability to organize, prioritize and multi-task
· Computer literate and basic office skills-typing, filing, answering phones
· Ability to laugh / cry and be able to recognize the appropriate situations for either
· Able to stand, walk, and kneel for up to 30 minutes without interruption
· Lift 40 lbs, unaided
· Ability to work independently, as well as, in a team.
Skills definitely in your favor:
· Proper animal restraint
· Dental skills-teeth cleaning, probing/charting, dental radiography
· Venipuncture / IV catheter placement
· Surgical prep, assistance and monitoring
· Client education-flea control, preventative care, etc.
· Familiarity with Avimark software and Idexx in-house lab equipment.
What we offer:
· Friendly, open atmosphere
· Paperless environment--no chasing paper charts!
· Full time hours-alternative work schedule (includes 9 am to 1 pm most Saturdays)
· Possible part-time position available
· Environment for professional education and growth
· Cross-training in all areas of the practice
· Salary and benefits are negotiable and are dependent upon qualifications and hours worked
Email cover letter, resume and references or better yet, come on by and drop it off in person and fill out an application at Orchard Veterinary Hospital 1205 1st Street, Gilroy.