Orchard Terrace Care Centre Stoney Creek, ON
- Posted: over a month ago
Calling all Frontline Heroes who are ready to make a difference!
We are painfully aware of the impact that COVID-19 has had on our society. Unfortunately, long-term care and retirement communities have felt this impact even more so, given we take care of the most vulnerable population.
We are looking for that special someone who is ready to join our team and help save the lives of our senior population. If you are passionate about making a difference, have a strong moral compass and are committed to teamwork, this is the right opportunity for you!
At our home, we are passionate about providing the upmost care for our residents – their wellbeing is our highest priority. We pride ourselves in offering a community within a community that people are happy to call ‘home’.
We are looking for Part Time Registered Nurses. Shifts are based on needs of the home, but may include days, evenings, and weekends.
- Maintain a resident-centered approach in assessment, planning, provision and evaluation of resident care
- Liaise with Program senior leadership
- Liaise between the family and staff
- Coaches and leads other staff on behavioural care plan for residents
- Site visits to community partners and hospitals to assess for new admissions
- Liaise with outside behavioural care providers
- Liaise with long term care home physician(s)
- Provide case management for behavioural residents
- Update behavioural sections of Resident Assessment Instrument (RAI) and Mini Data Set (MDS) care plan
- Lead implementation of care plan recommendations
- Facilitate care conference for all residents
- Monitor and evaluate the care provided
- Assist in the leading education and knowledge transfer to all staff on preventative behaviour management
- Participate in nursing research, resident satisfaction and continuous quality improvement initiatives (e.g. Residents’ First);
- Maintain active membership in appropriate professional associations.
- Perform all other duties as assigned
- Apply current knowledge regarding resident needs, gerontological principles, nursing care, general health maintenance and promotion
- Provide ongoing assessment of resident health status in accordance with defined policy and procedures
- Contribute to the evaluation of nursing care by comparing resident status to expected outcomes and goals and modify the care plan as appropriate
- Demonstrate self-awareness in realistic appraisal of personal practice, identifying strengths, weaknesses and plan for professional development
- Registered Nurse (BScn or Diploma)
- Registered as an RN in good standing with the College of Nurses of Ontario
- Current First Aid and CPR certification
- Prior managerial experience in long term care considered an asset
- Experience with quality improvement processes considered an asset
- Current vulnerable sector screening; valid within 6 months
- TB screening; within 6 months is also required
- Must have a recent negative COVID Swab.
How to apply?
Please submit a resume, cover letter, and references. We look forward to speaking with you, and making every moment matter!
Our organization takes the accessibility needs of employees with disabilities into account during the position summary review process. Employees are required to notify their director manager/supervisor if they have any particular accessibility needs and the organization will work with the employee to address them.
Come and enjoy our nutritious home cooked meals, prepared daily by our Red Seal Chef in our beautiful open dining rooms, or join us in a wellness-promoting activity such as Montessori, Java Music Club, physiotherapy, pet therapy, spiritual services and excursions. Orchard Terrace Care Centre has compassionate, dedicated long term care staff who will meet all your care needs.
Orchard Terrace Care CentreWhy Work Here?
We seek people who share our values – who have the integrity to do the right thing and a passion for this important work!
Orchard Terrace Care Centre is nestled at the foot of the Niagara Escarpment in the heart of a country community at Glover Road and Highway 8 in Stoney Creek. Our scenic gardens and courtyard make this quaint 45-bed long term care home and 38-suite retirement home a nature lover’s dream. Come and enjoy our nutritious home cooked meals, prepared daily by our Red Seal Chef in our beautiful open dining rooms, or join us in a wellness-promoting activity such as Montessori, Java Music Club, physiotherapy, pet therapy, spiritual services and excursions. Orchard Terrace Care Centre has compassionate, dedicated long term care staff who will meet all your care needs.
199 Glover RdStoney Creek, ON
HealthcareView all jobs at Orchard Terrace Care Centre