Orchard Farm School District is seeking substitute teachers to join our district! Our mission is to empower each learner to excel in diverse communities. Substitute teachers are a vital part of the district, ensuring students receive quality instruction to achieve the learning objective while a teacher is absent.
An individual who holds this position is required to:
- Delivering group and/or individual student instruction within established curriculum guidelines as assigned by classroom teacher or building administrator.
- Manages student behavior for the purpose of providing a safe and optimal learning environment.
- Models conversation, manners, cleanup activities, listening skills, etc. for the purpose of demonstrating appropriate social and interpersonal behavior.
- Monitors students in a variety of educational environments for the purpose of providing a safe and positive learning environment.
- Reports incidents (e.g. fights, suspected child abuse, suspected substance abuse, etc.) for the purpose of maintaining the personal safety of students, providing a positive learning environment and adhering to Education Code and school policies.
- Responds to emergency situations for the purpose of resolving immediate safety concerns and/or directing to appropriate personnel for resolution.
- Working under limited supervision using standardized practices and/or methods.
- Performs other related duties, as assigned, for the purpose of ensuring the efficient and effective functioning of the work unit.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS and REQUIREMENTS:
- Minimum of 60 approved college credit hours - able to obtain substitute certification
- Missouri substitute teaching certificate or valid Missouri teaching certificate
- Job related experience is required
- Cleared FBI Fingerprinting and Family Care Safety Registry Background required
- Resume, copy of transcripts, 3 letters of recommendation (preferred), copy of certification
WORK ON AN AS NEEDED BASIS ACCORDING TO YOUR SCHEDULE!
Information regarding Missouri Teacher Certification may be obtained at the Department of Elementary and Secondary Education website: www.dese.mo.gov
Substitute holding a Missouri Substitute Certificate:
Rate of pay: $100.00 a day ($105.00 a day in Early Learning Center only)
Substitutes holding a Valid Missouri Teaching Certificate:
Rate of pay: $110.00 a day ($115.00 a day in Early Learning Center only)
Substitute Teachers are always needed in the district, therefore, applications are on-going and reviewed bi-weekly by Human Resources. Candidates selected will be contacted by email. Application status will be updated once reviewed.