Orchard Farm High School is seeking to hire an Administrative Assistant to join our team!
This 12 month position provides clerical support to the building administrators and staff members, providing a wide variety of complex and confidential administrative and secretarial support, communicating information to school district employees, students, parents and others as required, and to assist in ensuring compliance of department/program activities with legal, administrative, and District policy requirements.
The district offers a great benefits package including paid health, dental, vision and life insurance for employees. Employees are also enrolled in the PEERS retirement system. Supplemental options are also available to employees.
Essential Functions (include but limited to the following):
- Assists in purchase orders for the building
- Daily student and staff attendance
- Makes daily attendance calls and coordinates with School Counselors student attendance concerns
- Data entry
- Composes documents (e.g., correspondence, bulletins, reports) for building administrators or other staff for the purpose of requesting or providing information, confirming events, etc.
- Prepares, copies and distributes notices, memoranda or other correspondence for the purpose of informing school employees, students, parents, and others regarding activities, events or other work-related matters.
- Attends meetings as assigned for the purpose of conveying and/or gathering information required to perform functions.
- Assists in maintaining the daily/weekly/monthly calendar for the purpose of coordinating the scheduling of work-related appointments, activities, meetings, etc.
- Assists in overseeing workload of the Department Head for the purpose of maximizing efficiency and meeting operational requirements.
- Assists in maintaining documents, files and records for the purpose of providing up-to-date reference and audit trail for compliance.
- Answers telephone calls, and provide information and assistance to callers.
- Performs other related duties, as assigned, for the purpose of ensuring the efficient and effective functioning of the school.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to describe problems and work orally or in writing to supervisor as required.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with others contacted in the course of work.
- Ability to carry out instructions furnished in written or oral form.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide, and perform arithmetic operations as needed for position.
- Ability to understand, apply and use personal computers and software applications (e.g., Word, Excel, PowerPoint, the Internet, electronic mail, Google G Suite).
- Ability to problem solve job-related issues.
- Ability to work with a diverse group of individuals.
- Ability to process paperwork accurately according to standardized procedures.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of information regarding students, employees and others.
- Organizational and time management skills.
- Knowledge of office management procedures.
- Knowledge of laws and regulations, District policies and procedures, principles, guidelines, and best practices related to the school (e.g., Pupil Services, Human Resources, Facilities and Business).
- High school diploma or GED.
- College level course work in business, word processing, and office procedures preferred.
- Associates or Bachelor's degree preferred.
- Successful experience with office management in related area preferred.