Spend roughly 25% of the time in the warehouse completing order picking/packing, loading and unloading, shipping and receiving and other general labor as needed. The candidate will spend 75% of the time driving, delivering materials and supplies to customers in the greater Seattle area. High School Diploma and clean MVR are required. Must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and will occasionally lift and/or move up to 170 pounds. Operates a pallet jack and handcart to transport products all in a safe manner. Able to work overtime during busy season.
Pool & Spa Warehouse Delivery Driver Duties and Responsibilities:
• Makes sure goods and products are secured inside the truck or trailer to minimize damage during transit.
• Reads and efficiently works form routing manifest to deliver products to customers using the truck, forklift, pallet jack and/or hand truck.
• Accurately records invoices, credits, or other instructional information on the truck route manifest, complying with any special instructions for proper and efficient delivery.
• Maintains accurate records of the route, follows check-in procedures, verifying accurate payment for invoices and checks in any returned product.
• Follows correct procedures to document customer receipt of product, omission or error; collect payment as appropriate.
• Collects or picks up empty containers, rejects, or unsold merchandise.
• Issues or obtains customer signature on receipt for pickup or delivery.
• Upon completion of the delivery route, follows check-in procedures, verifying accurate payment for invoices and checks in any returned product, pallets, or containers.
• Cleans (sweeps, discards trash, washes inside windows, etc.) assigned delivery vehicle and trailer.
• Perform pre-trip/post-trip inspection of the assigned vehicle and completes pre-trip/post-trip report; distribute as directed.
• Suggests and implements ways for the warehouse and company to improve profits, improve quality, and improve service.
• Other duties as they are assigned.
Must be efficient, organized, personable, and well groomed. Be open to learning about pool, spa, hot tub, and fountain maintenance including chemical use, chemical level testing, pump and equipment maintenance and pool plumbing and all other related items.
Prior warehouse and/or delivery experience preferred.
Preferred: CDL class A or B with Hazmat Endorsement; Will Train.
Must be 21 years of age.
Clean driving record, no SR22 insurance.
Copies of your CDL and DMV record required prior to starting.
High School Diploma or GED. Basic Computer skills.
0 to 1 years