Orbus Exhibit & Display Group® is seeking an Exhibit Designer for our Corporate Headquarters location in Woodridge, IL.
The expected hours for this position will be 8:00 am - 4:30 pm Monday through Friday.
The Junior level Exhibit Designer functions as an integral member of the design staff, providing quality and creative custom exhibit/trade show booth designs for our customers.
RESPONSIBILITIES (includes other duties as necessary):
- Designing creative eye-catching tradeshow exhibits.
- Solid 3D and 2D software experience in the latest CAD and rendering packages. SolidWorks a plus
- Clearly and professionally present ideas and designs to partners and client during design meetings via face-to-face, phone, and email.
- Take design direction from the partners, client, sales representatives, and Department Manager.
- Operate effectively under time constraints and meet deadlines.
- Display ability to design to budget and estimate the project.
- Ability to creativity present concepts and ideas to sales and clients.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Able to work with minimal supervision, both alone and in teams.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- BA/BS 3D Design or equivalent from four-year College or technical school.
Other Key Requirements
- Ability to design in 2D & 3D. Must be detail oriented, able to prioritize tasks and able to work under pressure with multiple deadlines
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills
- Exposure or experience in tradeshow exhibit design, industrial design, or architectural design a must.
- Possess an understanding of exhibits as a marketing and communication tool