Supervises daily activities of drivers and package handlers to ensure that all assigned duties are accomplished safely and timely. Supervisors typically work Monday through Saturday, weekend work may be required based upon business needs. Employees will be assigned to work a 5-6 day workweek. Management employees are generally expected to work 7 – 8+ hours per day and are paid weekly. Medical, dental, and vision benefits are offered to employees and their eligible dependents. Additional benefits include paid vacations (PTO) and eligibility for company bonus based on individual and company performance.
The Package Delivery Manager is responsible for supervising the daily performance of delivery drivers to ensure quality service, improve performance, and maintain compliance with environmental, health and safety requirements. The Package Center Manager supervises others within the departments.
- Customer service skills (internal/external)
- Phone etiquette
- Ability to work varying shifts, additional hours and/or overtime depending on service needs
- Multi-tasking skills
- Perform general office tasks such as paperwork, typing, and/or use of a computer, filing, calculating and use of telephone
- Good cognitive reasoning skills
- Microsoft Office knowledge (ie. Excel, Word)
- Work cooperatively in a diverse work environment
- Ability to direct the work of the other employees effectively
- Verification and submittal of timecards
- Perform other functions that may be assigned
- Preferred Competencies
- Assesses Business Needs: Demonstrates a general understanding of ways to identify and measure the current needs of the customer or business; uses the business need to help define the work task requirements.
- Health and Safety Knowledge: Demonstrates basic knowledge of injury and crash prevention techniques; demonstrates a basic understanding of job methods; recognizes and reports unsafe working conditions.
- Legal, Regulatory, and Compliance Knowledge: Demonstrates a basic understanding of the functions, regulations, and procedures of compliance agencies or governing bodies; takes a leadership position in programs that reduce risk and enhance safety.
- Small Package Operations Knowledge: Demonstrates and explains proper processes, procedures and methods for small package operations; demonstrates a basic knowledge of common tools, equipment, and technology used within the operation.
- Completes administrative tasks (i.e., performance reviews, accident reports, service failure reviews, training) in a timely, accurate manner to facilitate the execution of the daily dispatch plan.
- Uses the Balanced Scorecard and Quality Improvement Process to monitor workgroup performance against business goals.
- Completes required audits during on-job supervision rides to ensure adherence to Company policies and procedures.
- Utilizes technology (MyGroundBiz, GroundCloud,Telematics, etc.) to identify opportunities for performance improvement and risk mitigation.
- Communicates with customers to respond to service concerns, build relationships, and determine solutions that meet business goals.
- Uncovers business opportunities to forward this information to the proper company representative for follow up.
- Creates a customer focused work environment to emphasize service and focus on building the business.
- Communicates customers’ business needs to employees to provide an understanding of job responsibilities and how actions impact customers.