Orbia Advance Corporation North Salt Lake, UT
- Posted: over a month ago
Dura-Line is transforming the structure of communication and is the world’s largest manufacturer of High Density Polyethylene (HDPE) conduit with over 1,800 employees in 5 of the 7 continents. Technology, data, and constant communication are more intertwined with our daily lives than ever before in human history. As technology advances in the next decade, the Internet of Things (IoT) and the 4th Industrial Revolution will bring 50 billion devices online and provide access to the internet to the rest of the world’s population. Dura-Line provides the essential infrastructure to make this possible. Through our innovative product solutions and unparalleled customer insight, Dura-Line creates what connects us. No matter how big or small a role we play, everything we do is connected. We are committed to attracting, developing, and retaining, a diverse workforce that represents our global customer base in a variety of markets, including telecommunications, enterprise networking, energy, and transportation.
Dura-line, an essential organization, has full-time Production positions
Dura-Line has an established reputation with the industries it serves for high-quality products and our expert field engineers and sales team. We take pride in our global manufacturing capability and our state-of-the-art R&D lab. Every part of the manufacturing process is monitored with environmentally friendly sustainable efforts in mind. Quality, sustainability, and safety are important to Dura-Line.
Dura-Line is hiring a Downstream Operator (Production Worker) for our manufacturing plant in North Salt Lake, UT
What will you be doing?
- Places the correct reel onto reeler and prepare for start-up.
- Operates reeler (Manual and auto mode).
- Monitors print and footage markings. Makes corrections as needed
- Monitors for continuous stripe (if required).
- Knows and understands quality requirements for all product being produced.
- Makes checks that may be required to assure that the product and packaging meets requirements.
- Cuts conduit, ties off, and caps conduit when each reel, and cable if applicable, is complete.
- Grinds line scrap as it is produced and stacks scrap.
- Assists other operators in line start-ups and reel changes.
- Follows all safety requirements for the position and all company safety guidelines.
What will help you be successful in this role?
- Must be able to work 12-hour shift around hot machinery
- This job is physical, so you must be able to lift objects overhead, bend under and/ or step over objects, climb ladders and work at various heights, and lift 50 lbs. with or without reasonable assistance.
- Able to read, write and have basic math and measurement skills, great attention to details
What we offer:
- Full-Time Benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision, Life). Eligible at first of the month following date of hire!!
- 401(k) with company match
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Paid Time-Off & holiday pay
JOIN OUR GROWING TEAM TODAY!
Dura-Line offers all its employees an exciting work environment and provides career opportunities in a continuously growing company. We are committed to attracting, developing and retaining a diverse workforce that represents our global customer base.
Check out our website at www.Dura-line.com
Dura-Line is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participates in the federal E-Verify program to verify the work eligibility of all new hires.
Dura-Line is part of a community of companies, known as Orbia, bound together by a shared purpose: to advance life around the world. Orbia’s business groups have a collective focus on insuring food security, reducing water scarcity, reinventing the future of cities and homes, connecting communities to data infrastructure, and expanding access to health and wellness with advanced materials. The business groups include Precision Agriculture, Building and Infrastructure, Fluor, Polymer Solutions, and Data Communications, which collectively pursue human centric solutions to global challenges.