Orbia Advance Corporation is a Purpose-led company with big aspirations. We are out to advance life around the world while maximizing value to our shareholders, customers and employees. The Company is passionate about the topics that define how people will live and thrive tomorrow: the future of cities, buildings, agriculture, and materials. Orbia Advance Corporation has five business groups which offer innovative solutions across multiple industries including building and infrastructure, data communications, chemicals and more. In 2018, Orbia Advance Corporation bought a majority stake in Israeli-based Netafim, the world’s leader in drip irrigation, and is helping the world ‘grow more with less’ as it helps to solve food and water scarcity. Orbia Advance Corporation has operations in 41 countries with more than 22,000 employees.
We started as a producer of commodities and have evolved to become a provider of innovative solutions that address the global issues of rapid urbanization, water and food scarcity, and a growing and aging population. We’re already a global leader in Polymers, Fluor, Building & Infrastructure, Datacom, and Precision Irrigation. We have embarked on a CEO-led transformation, as part of our journey to become a truly purpose-led, future fit company.
Dura-Line North Salt Lake, an Essential organization, has a Full-Time Maintenance Electrician Position
Dura-Line is part of Orbia, a community of companies working together to tackle some of the world’s most complex challenges. We are bound by a common purpose: To Advance Life Around the World.
We are looking for energetic employees to work at our North Salt Lake, UT facility. As an employee, you will be responsible for ensuring assistance to all production departments and operations, in repairing and naintaining all equipment and systems.
Discover how Dura-Line creates what connects us. Every day, in the little ways and the big ones, our lives depend on clear, consistent, reliable communication. Our products provide protection to the installation of communication networks, power cables, and pressure pipes for a wide variety of markets. The North Salt Lake facility has continued to support our community by providing employment opportunities to its residents. Our employees are passionate and dedicated to producing good quality product for our customers.
What it’s like to work at Dura-Line:
Dura-Line is a team oriented environment where we all help each other to make sure our product gets out the door to our customers on time. Our employees love our environment and the opportunities provided. As a full time employee, you will enjoy many benefits including Medical, Dental, Vision, 401(k), Life, paid holidays, paid vacation, education assistance, etc.
What you need to be qualified for these jobs:
To be qualified for this job you need to be willing to stand 8 hours a day, speak English, and be willing to support each function of the process. Applicants will need to pass a criminal background check and a drug test.
Other qulifications of this job include:
- Maintain all drive panels, drives, enclosures, motors, PLCs’, and other electrical systems.
- Maintain all support equipment, reelers, tape feeders, spiral units, extruders, and water systems.
- Trouble shoot, diagnose, system breakdowns and make appropriate repairs.
- Check and replace fuses, motor starters, relays, drives, AC motors.
- Assist all departments with machinery breakdowns.
- Assist the general maintenance crew with equipment rebuild, plant shutdowns, and new equipment installations.
- Maintain a neat and orderly work area.
- Willing to work overtime when needed.
- Follow all safety requirements for this position.
- Perform all other duties as directed by management.
EDUCATIONAL AND/OR EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- High school diploma or GED
- Minimum one-year experience in electrical and mechanical maintenance.
- Great trouble shooting abilities.
- Knowledge with AC & DC motors and drives and controls.
- 120/240/480v single and three phase systems.
- Ability to use most hand and power tools and other tools needed for this position: Amp clamp, megger, volt meter, wrenches, drills, presses, torches, etc.
- Good knowledge of state and local safety codes.
- Electrician license/ certification preferred
OCCUPATIONAL AND/OR PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Ability to successfully complete training through Dura-line lift truck training program.
- Ability to lift 60-70 lbs without assistance.
- Ability to lift 100 lbs or more with reasonable assistance.
- Ability to climb ladders, and work at many height levels.
- Able to maintain a good working relationship between yourself and co-workers.
Are you ready to join our team?
If you feel you are the right candidate for these jobs, apply online at www.dura-line.com or call 801-299-8348 if you have questions, between 9:30 am – 3:30 pm, Monday – Friday.
Dura-Line is an equal opportunity employer
Our Global brands: Dura-Line, Koura Global, Vestolit, Netafim, Alphagary, Wavin.
They offer a broad range of value added solutions and finished products that contribute to customers’ success and ultimate improve the quality of life for people around the world. Along its commitment to good citizenship, Orbia Advance Corporation delivers Total Value to customers, employees and investors worldwide, every day.
Orbia Advance Corporation