Dura-Line is transforming the structure of communication and is the world’s largest manufacturer of High Density Polyethylene (HDPE) conduit with over 1,800 employees in 5 of the 7 continents. Technology, data, and constant communication are more intertwined with our daily lives than ever before in human history. As technology advances in the next decade, the Internet of Things (IoT) and the 4th Industrial Revolution will bring 50 billion devices online and provide access to the internet to the rest of the world’s population. Dura-Line provides the essential infrastructure to make this possible. Through our innovative product solutions and unparalleled customer insight, Dura-Line creates what connects us. No matter how big or small a role we play, everything we do is connected. We are committed to attracting, developing, and retaining, a diverse workforce that represents our global customer base in a variety of markets, including telecommunications, enterprise networking, energy, and transportation.
SUMMARY OF FUNCTIONS:
The Line Operator is responsible for physically operating an extrusion line in a way that ensures all products are produced free from cosmetic and physical defects and are within manufacturing tolerances. The Line Operator is responsible for the quality of the product run and adjusts and documents operating conditions to produce the highest attainable quality of pipe in a safe and efficient manner.
DUTIES AND RESONSIBILITIES:
- Monitor operating parameters of the extruders.
- Make necessary adjustments to extruder, die, water, or vacuum on a production line to ensure the highest quality product attainable.
- Ensure pipe is marked with proper print line as specified in Quality Manual.
- Ensure pipe dimensions are within tolerance including wall thickness, outside diameter, length, and overall appearance.
- Inform Supervisor or Lead of any changes in specification of pipe.
- Perform SDR and size changes including the setup and changeover of production lines with Supervisor or Lead.
- Stack and / or bundle finished products.
- Responsible for on-line Quality Control.
- Responsible for documenting all dimensions of product on Production reports in a neat, accurate and timely format.
- Maintain a working environment free of unnecessary equipment and materials.
- Comply with, support, and promote all Dura-Line safety policies.
- Complete all tasks assigned by the immediate Supervisor.
EXPERIENCE AND / OR EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS:
- Reading, writing, and mathematical competency testing required
- Ability to work in team environment
- Reliable, self-motivated and quick learner
- Positive attitude
- Knowledge and understanding of the job duties of Downstream Operators, Material Handlers, and Reel Builders
- Knowledge and understanding of the smooth core procedures and operation
- Working knowledge of extruders, printers, reelers, vacuum systems, chiller systems, resin systems, pullers, quality control standards, and product specifications
- Valid lift truck/forklift license
WORKING ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Ability to work 12 hours per day, 3-4 days per week.
- Ability to work most of the time indoors on the plant floor, with heat, dust, and noise.
- Ability to work some of the time outdoors in any weather condition.
- Ability to remain in a stationary position 80-100% of the time. Must squat, bend or stoop as much as 25% of the time on some days.
- Ability to operate hand and pneumatic powered strapping tools. Must also be able to use chains, slings and hooks.
- Ability to operate keyboard on microprocessor equipment.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs without assistance.
- Ability to push and pull pipe stalks and coils weighing up to 60 pounds with reasonable assistance.
- Ability to climb stairs or ladders and work on elevated platforms.
- Ability to get into and out of lift trucks and other mobile equipment.
- Must be continually alert to mobile machinery.
- Must be able to cope with the pressures of extrusion equipment that runs continuously in a 24 hour period.
- Must be able to understand and retain safety subject training.
- One year of manufacturing production experience is preferred
Dura Line is an EEO compliant employer and uses eVerify
Dura-Line is part of a community of companies, known as Orbia, bound together by a shared purpose: to advance life around the world. Orbia’s business groups have a collective focus on insuring food security, reducing water scarcity, reinventing the future of cities and homes, connecting communities to data infrastructure, and expanding access to health and wellness with advanced materials. The business groups include Precision Agriculture, Building and Infrastructure, Fluor, Polymer Solutions, and Data Communications, which collectively pursue human centric solutions to global challenges.
Orbia Advance Corporation