Dura-Line is transforming the structure of communication and is the world’s largest manufacturer of High Density Polyethylene (HDPE) conduit with over 1,800 employees in 5 of the 7 continents. Technology, data, and constant communication are more intertwined with our daily lives than ever before in human history. As technology advances in the next decade, the Internet of Things (IoT) and the 4th Industrial Revolution will bring 50 billion devices online and provide access to the internet to the rest of the world’s population. Dura-Line provides the essential infrastructure to make this possible. Through our innovative product solutions and unparalleled customer insight, Dura-Line creates what connects us. No matter how big or small a role we play, everything we do is connected. We are committed to attracting, developing, and retaining, a diverse workforce that represents our global customer base in a variety of markets, including telecommunications, enterprise networking, energy, and transportation.
Dura-Line is hiring an Extrusion Line Operator (Machine Operator) in our manufacturing plant in Sparks, NV to help oversee the production of high-quality products within the department. You will drive, support, and maintain lean manufacturing practices in order to foster and lead a team of safe and efficient associates. We are looking for someone that is hands-on, and very customer-centric and results-oriented.
Day and Night Shift Schedules
What will you be doing?
- Monitors operating parameters of product and extrusion equipment to confirm that product materials and quality requirements are being met
- Starts production lines and makes necessary adjustments to process conditions and to extrusion equipment including the extruder, die, water, and vacuum tank
- Monitors cooling system (both vacuum and spray) to ensure proper operation, which includes, but is not limited to, water levels within the vacuum tank, proper flow and spray pattern in spray tanks, and water temperature.
- Maintains accurate documentation of all product dimensions on production reports and accurately tracks “Lost Production Hours” including the reasons for lost time
- Coordinates required tooling changes with other operators that have responsibilities on the line
- Ensures pipe is marked with proper print line as specified in the quality manual
What will help you be successful in this role?
- 1-year extrusion experience, preferred
- Ability to read and write English
- Ability to perform simple math, add, subtract, multiply, divide and take measurements
- Knowledge and understanding of the smooth core procedures and operation
- Ability to drive lift truck/forklift
- Working knowledge of extruders, printers, reelers, vacuum systems, chiller systems, resin systems, pullers, quality control standards, and product specifications, preferred
JOIN OUR GROWING TEAM TODAY!
Dura-Line offers all its employees an exciting work environment and provides career opportunities in a continuously growing company. We are committed to attracting, developing and retaining a diverse workforce that represents our global customer base.
Check out our website at www.Dura-line.com
Dura-Line is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participates in the federal E-Verify program to verify the work eligibility of all new hires.
Dura-Line is part of a community of companies, known as Orbia, bound together by a shared purpose: to advance life around the world. Orbia’s business groups have a collective focus on insuring food security, reducing water scarcity, reinventing the future of cities and homes, connecting communities to data infrastructure, and expanding access to health and wellness with advanced materials. The business groups include Precision Agriculture, Building and Infrastructure, Fluor, Polymer Solutions, and Data Communications, which collectively pursue human centric solutions to global challenges.